Bopomofo ruby is the way Taiwanese teach children to learn the Mandarin reading of the Han (Chinese) characters.
In Bopomofo ruby, we use mono ruby behavior: one or more ruby glyphs serve to annotate only a single base glyph. So, we annotate every single character separately, not together (as in group ruby).
The default behavior of Asian phonetic guide is as in group ruby. It works with Pinyin ruby, Hiragana ruby and Taiwanese Pe̍h-ōe-jī ruby (POJ ruby). Group ruby glyphs serve to annotate two or more base glyphs.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Copy and paste 一見如故 to Writer
2. Double click on any of the characters, LibreOffice will select them all as a term/phrase in Chinese; or just select all of the four characters
3. Click Format > Asian Phonetic Guide
1. LibreOffice takes 一見如故 together as a Base text to annotate, and cannot be edited to change
1. LibreOffice should use mono ruby behavior for Bopomofo ruby (used mainly in Taiwan) to annotate one character by one character by default for zh_TW locale.
2. LibreOffice should be able to use group ruby as well for any users to choose to annotate in Pinyin, Pe̍h-ōe-jī or Hiragana. That means users can choose from mono ruby and group ruby and even can adapt the Base texts freely, then annotate accordingly.
Ok, sounds good -> NEW