Dragging slide master from one window to another causes instability.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. New > Presentation
2. Show > Slide master
3. New > Presentation
4. Show > Slide master
5. Drag slidemaster from slideoverview in doc1 to main area in doc2.
New slide master appears in doc2.
6. Drag slidemaster from slideoverview in doc1 to main area in doc2.
7. Drag slidemaster from slideoverview in doc1 to main area in doc2.
8. Select slide master 2 in doc2.
9. Drag slidemaster from slideoverview in doc1 to main area in doc2.
Program alters the mouse pointer to a wait-pointer. No new slide master appears, but some actions are possible. Program seems unstable. No new slidemasters can be dragged.
Nothing happens when dragging master the second time.
Program changes mouse pointer to busy after step 9.
A new slide master after every dragging.
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.90 Safari/537.36
Created attachment 137600 [details]
GDB trace of crash with master
It crashes for me at step 9.
The "Nothing happens" is actually "the new slide master is overwritten by the dragged one". You can see this with a template that has different slide masters and you drag different ones.
Arch Linux 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5
Build ID: f657454b69c813b90a8b3c1adb2feef1066dbd35
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.13; UI render: default; VCL: kde4;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); Calc: group
Built on November 7th 2017
I found a easier way to reproduce the crash:
1. Open presentation 1 and go to Slide - Master slide
2. Open presentation 2 and go to Slide - Master slide
3. Drag master slide from presentation 1 to presentation 2 ( to the main area )
4. In presentation 2, select the second slide ( added in step 3 )
5. Repeat step 3
Also reproduced in
Build ID: fc8f44e82de4ebdd50ac5fbb9207cd1a59a927e3
I found another way to reproduce this crash:
1. Create a new impress document
2. Go to View - Master slide
3. In the sidebar, go to Master Slides and double click on any master slide template -> new master slide is added
4. Drag second slide from the slide pane to the main area.
Also reproduced in
Version 126.96.36.199.alpha0+ (Build ID: efca6f15609322f62a35619619a6d5fe5c9bd5a)
I've checked the list of fixed crashed related to slides/master slides and it seems you fixed a bunch of them. Adding you to this one in case you may be interested....
Caolán McNamara committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
Resolves: tdf#113405 don't try and assign a master page to a master page
It will be available in 6.0.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Build ID: b73c66597884f03443ee8888cb6c204b78bb6cda
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.10; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: th-TH (ca_ES.UTF-8); Calc: group