In current master (as of commit 48e64ea4a8201a43457e46422a07f14f697eb91e), device-specific print options are no longer available in LibreOffice's print dialog in GNU/Linux with CUPS as a printing system.
Steps to reproduce:
* set up a printer on the system, using a PPD file
* open any document in LibreOffice Writer
* open print dialog, e.g. by pressing Ctrl + P
* select the printer
* click on "Properties"
* A "Paper" tab is shown where some basic settings (like "Duplex" and "Paper tray") can be selected.
* No printer-specific advanced options from the PPD are available. The "Device" tab that used to be there in the print dialog for that purpose is missing.
* It should be possible to set device-specific options as before, e.g. via an additional "Device" tab (as it was until recently).
I bisected the problem to the following commit:
9b8828174dca6971d2490844b4c6cab2b9d57b8d is the first bad commit
Author: Caolán McNamara <email@example.com>
Date: Wed Oct 4 12:07:20 2017 +0100
turn implicit container explicit in buildable notebooks
as in interim measure for SfxTabDialogs we throw
away the TabPage if its not suitable for reuse
Tested-by: Jenkins <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Caolán McNamara <email@example.com>
Tested-by: Caolán McNamara <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reverting that commmit on top of current "master" makes the "Device" tab with the advanced options reappear.
(In fact, the commit mentioned above at first made LO crash, but that was fixed with commit 2e001b40ad0d19c8db528bb4df739e289163779d.)
@Caolán: Could you possibly have a look at this?
Caolán McNamara committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
Resolves: tdf#113435 device tab missing from print dialog
It will be available in 6.0.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
I can confirm this works again as expected.