There are three methods used to line-break or word-wrap CJK text: push-in-first, push-out-first and push-out-only (hanging punctuation). LibreOffice uses push-out-only method by default for CJK text, while high-end line-layout-capable applications such as Adobe FrameMaker automatically uses push-in-first or push-out-first line breaking in order to maintain optimal spacing.
Push-out-only method is good but not widely adopted in the publishing industry in Taiwan. Publishers working on Chinese text used to have justified alignment without hanging punctuation, thus push-in-first and push-out-first are needed.
The publishers in Taiwan tend to focus on justified alignment, even prohibited (character) processing can be neglected to achieve it.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select Tools > Options > Language Settings > Asian Layout
2. It should support push-in-first and push-out-first method besides push-out-only (hanging punctuation) and users can choose from.
3. See First and Last Characters (prohibited character processing) function, and there is no way to easily turn it off
1. Default behavior is using push-out-only method to line-break or word-wrap CJK text
1. Be able to use push-in-first or push-out-first method (at least for Chinese locales) besides push-out-only
2. Be able to disable First and Last Characters (prohibited character processing) function (at least for Chinese locales) if users prefer
PS1. Chinese publishers seldom use push-out-only method by convention. It is acceptable to use it though.
PS2. Justified alignments can even overrides prohibited character processing in early publishing; however, it is rarely seen these years.
User Profile Reset: No
Reference (in Chinese):
1. 方塊字縱橫對齊有什麼好處？ by 陳穎青 (貓頭鷹出版社) https://plus.google.com/u/0/+octwchen/posts/GMmwyzodZJw
2. 中英文夾雜時的縱橫對齊 by 陳穎青 (貓頭鷹出版社) https://plus.google.com/+octwchen/posts/eGKVtgMbvbb
3. 對於老貓「漢字縱橫對齊」排版的補充 by 董福興 http://blog.wanderer.tw/post/70181755743/%E5%B0%8D%E6%96%BC%E8%80%81%E8%B2%93%E6%BC%A2%E5%AD%97%E7%B8%B1%E6%A9%AB%E5%B0%8D%E9%BD%8A%E6%8E%92%E7%89%88%E7%9A%84%E8%A3%9C%E5%85%85
4. 什麼是「行尾懸吊」？ （行尾凸排）by 陳穎青 (貓頭鷹出版社) https://plus.google.com/+octwchen/posts/Q8ymuzfFuUZ
5. 中文排版的最大迷思：標點懸掛 By Eric Q. Liu https://www.typeisbeautiful.com/2017/11/13290/zh-hant/
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Linux x86_64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
OK, I trust you and set to NEW :)