Bug 114950 - One line disappears when saving a document as .docx, then reopening the document, then updating the table of contents
Summary: One line disappears when saving a document as .docx, then reopening the docum...
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: LibreOffice (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.6.7.2 release
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords: bibisected, dataLoss, filter:docx, regression
Depends on:
Blocks: DOCX-TableofContents
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2018-01-10 15:25 UTC by Gerrit Boom
Modified: 2019-04-05 12:14 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
example .odt document with table of content (10.70 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2018-01-31 09:06 UTC, Gerrit Boom
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Gerrit Boom 2018-01-10 15:25:20 UTC
Description:
When I save a document with a table of contents as a .docx-document and then reopen the saved document, then the line that was directly under the Table of contents has now been moved within the area of the table of content. 
When i then update/renew the table of contents that one line disapears completely

Steps to Reproduce:
1.In Libre Office create a text document with a table of contents and at least one line of text directly below that table of contents.
2.Save the document as .docx
3.reopen the saved document in Libre Office
4. result: The one line of text has moved up into the space of the Table of contents.
5. Renew the table of contents.
6. result: The one line of text has now completely disapeared.

Actual Results:  
text disapears

Expected Results:
No changes at all.


Reproducible: Always


User Profile Reset: No



Additional Info:


User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36
Comment 1 Buovjaga 2018-01-30 18:28:09 UTC
Please attach a document saved as .odt after step 1 so we can quickly test.

Set to NEEDINFO.
Change back to UNCONFIRMED after you have provided the document.
Comment 2 Gerrit Boom 2018-01-31 09:06:09 UTC
Created attachment 139461 [details]
example .odt document with table of content

As requested an .odt-file after step 1 whereby the problem occurs. 
When you perform the next 5 steps that I described in the problem, the first line under the table off contents (line 1) will dispaear.
When you repeat the those 5 steps four times, all lines will be gone and the document will be completely empty, except for an (empty) table of contents.
Comment 3 Buovjaga 2018-02-11 11:16:37 UTC
The disappearing does not happen in 3.5, but happens already in 3.6.7.2 This might be bibisectable anyway. There is a weird change in the grey colouring of the ToC: paragraph1 line 4 and its page number is shown without the grey background, but the periods have the greyness.

Win 10
LibreOffice 3.5.0rc3 
Build ID: 7e68ba2-a744ebf-1f241b7-c506db1-7d53735

Arch Linux 64-bit
Version: 6.1.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: c6a23023150c164a19236139fa413d43006ce21c
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: kde4; 
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); Calc: group
Built on February 11th 2018

Arch Linux 64-bit
Version 3.6.7.2 (Build ID: e183d5b)
Comment 4 Muhammet Kara 2018-06-04 12:54:26 UTC
Still reproducible on master.

Sürüm: 6.2.0.0.alpha0+
İnşa №: 951e7a43e62c22d4c7f7fb18de738d86ab3c2251
İşlemci süreçleri: 8; İşletim Sistemi:Linux 4.16; UI gerçekleyici: varsayılan; VCL: gtk3; 
Yerel: tr-TR (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
Comment 5 Buovjaga 2018-06-28 15:59:17 UTC
Bibisected on Linux 43all repo to range https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?qt=range&q=233431e09ef85cb3579e55bd2a8d1f9d7439f8da...6263315825e01e766668b9ce5d2eb52e71e051a7

Nothing jumps out to me.

I did not have to update the ToC to see the loss.
Comment 6 Gabor Kelemen 2018-08-01 15:30:30 UTC
Sounds very similar to #112539
Comment 7 Gerrit Boom 2019-04-05 07:44:51 UTC
It looks likes the problem is solved in Version: 6.2.1.2 (x64). At least I can no longer reproduce the problem.

Can somebody tell me what to do next to finish this bug? Must I change the status into RESOLVED?

And possibly bug #112539 might also be solved? should the owner of that bug be informed?

After moving to Version: 6.2.1.2 (x64) I did see another problem with the TOC that might, or might not be connected to this bug. Obviously I cannot reproduce that anymore since it probably originated in my former version of LibreOffice. But I can describe it:
After moving to Version: 6.2.1.2 (x64) I had several documents wit a TOC that was split in two separate parts.
I could solve that problem by first removing the TOC, then selecting the remaining junk and deleting that junk and then insert a new TOC.
Comment 8 Buovjaga 2019-04-05 12:14:59 UTC
I confirm both bugs are gone, thanks for following up!

Arch Linux 64-bit
Version: 6.3.0.0.alpha0+
Build ID: 558956dc811a1f0f07411e348f7081a467bbc3b5
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.0; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3; 
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded
Built on 4 April 2019

(In reply to Gerrit Boom from comment #7)
> After moving to Version: 6.2.1.2 (x64) I did see another problem with the
> TOC that might, or might not be connected to this bug. Obviously I cannot
> reproduce that anymore since it probably originated in my former version of
> LibreOffice. But I can describe it:
> After moving to Version: 6.2.1.2 (x64) I had several documents wit a TOC
> that was split in two separate parts.
> I could solve that problem by first removing the TOC, then selecting the
> remaining junk and deleting that junk and then insert a new TOC.

If you cannot repro with a fresh document, it probably is not worth reporting.