We should be able to copy the filename of a Calc file to the clipboard, by, for instance, File, Save As (to bring up the FileSave dialogue box) and then CTRL-A CTRL-C in the Save As field.
Although CTRL-A works fine, CTRL-C does not copy the selected text to the clipboard.
(The usecase for this is to capture a filename so as to use it elsewhere ... something I often have cause to do)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create Calc file
2. Save calc file
3. File, Save As
4. Select some or all of the filename in the Save As field
Selected content is NOT copied to the clipboard
Selected content IS copied to the clipboard
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
No repro with
Build ID: 60bfb1526849283ce2491346ed2aa51c465abfe6
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.13.3; UI render: default;
Locale: fr-FR (fr_FR.UTF-8); Calc: group
1) opened a CSV file
2) Menu Save as... ODS
3) In the Finder window, Cmd-A then Cmd-C to copy the file name
4) Cmd-V to paste into TextWrangler text document.
Everything seems to work here for me.
Which application are you attempting to paste the filename into ?
I'm attempting to paste into the LibreOffice Calc file. It fails.
However seeking to paste it into TextEdit succeeds.
So, this is my new test.
1. Create Calc file
2. Save Calc file as junk.ods
3. Write something in a cell - e.g. Foo
4. Focus on the cell, CTRL-C
5. Move somewhere else on the sheet, CTRL-V - all good, the copy & paste worked
6. Whilst still in the junk.ods file, File, Save As
7. Cursor focus on the Save As field in the file save dialogue box
8. CTRL-A, CTRL-C
9. Cancel out of the file save dialogue box
10. Focus on a cell
11. CTRL-V into cell - FAIL. I paste the value I collected in Step 4
12. Command-Tab to TextEdit
13. CTRL-V - Success - the filename is pasted
14. Command-Tab back into the LibreOffice spreadsheet
15. CTRL-V - Success - the filename is pasted
Created attachment 140082 [details]
the file save dialogue box
This is the thing I mean when I use the phrase 'file save dialogue box'
And I note you say "3) In the Finder window, Cmd-A then Cmd-C to copy the file name" ... for the avoidance of uncertainty, I've attached a screengrab of what I'm meaning by the file save dialogue box ... hopefully we're talking about the same thing.
We are talking about the same dialog.
However I still can't reproduce the problem.
Steps 10 and 11 as described in comment 2 work for me, the filename copied from the Save as dialogue is pasted into a cell of my choosing. It doesn't matter whether I just select a cell or double-click to enter the cell, both work and the filename is pasted into the cell.
Are you still using 22.214.171.124 ?
If so, then please try with a current 126.96.36.199
In 188.8.131.52 ... it works as expected. I've marked this as Resolved / Notabug. thx for your input, Alex.