1. Create a new character style, and set its border and shadow (on Style dialog's Borders tab) to any non-default value.
2. Close the Style dialog, saving changes.
3. Find the newly-created style in list, and edit it
4. On Organizer tab, see two identical sets of information for borders and shadows
5. On Borders tab, do some changes
6. On Organizer tab, see that the two sets of information are no more identical (the second set reflects recent modifications; the first stays unchanged).
There should be only one set of information; it's not only useless, but also misleading, since it's not obvious to user which of displayed property values will be used.
Mike Kaganski committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#116020: use actual whichIds in dialogs for character properties
It will be available in 6.1.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.