Hi. I tried "export to EPUB" new functionality on office document in Arabic language.
Frankly speaking, I was expecting a rubbish symbols of unknown meaning .....
But, output EPUB file was beyond my imagination: Arabic contents displayed correctly BUT with only one defect: alignment & direction of sentances is to the left (from left to right).
Please notice when I said direction is from left to right I do not mean that words rearrange inversely. But, I mean that character like "!" at the end of the line will appear in EPUB at the beginning of the line.
Please compare attached files (original office & EPUB)
Created attachment 140275 [details]
Created attachment 140276 [details]
Hi, thanks for the bug report!
Confirmed using LO 6.1 master build (bc6f3c0fe95f9162fb14dc540fa2b4bc81af32bf) / Windows 7.
Hi. I test bug on version 188.8.131.52 LO as AppImage. It is still existing without any improvement.
Confirmed in Versión: 184.108.40.206.alpha1 (x64)
Id. de compilación: ff46ad24d1d3cbcea45895520483ed1fd4ff488b
Subprocs. CPU: 2; SO: Windows 10.0; Repres. IU: predet.; VCL: win;
Configuración regional: es-ES (es_ES); Calc: threaded
Looks like it is related with the styles/language export I mentioned in bug 121449.
I'm comparing again outputs from both filters for additional information.
<body class="body0" xmlns:epub="http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops">
<p class="para0"><span class="span0">تحية طيبة !</span></p>
<p class="para0"><span class="span0">احي فريق تطوير برنامج ليبري اوفس لجهودهم الجبارة في تطوير هذا البرنامج المجاني المفتوح المصدر واتمنى لهم التوفيق في جهودهم الجبارة لما فيه فائدة </span><span class="span0"> </span><span class="span0">المجتمع.</span></p>
Style sheet from L 6.2 native epub filter
margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
Writer2html 1.6.1 (it has it's own bugs like the style sheet not formatting properly contrary to the native epub)
<p class="Standard" dir="rtl" style="text-align:justify">تحية طيبة !</p>
<p class="Standard" dir="rtl" style="text-align:justify">احي فريق تطوير برنامج ليبري اوفس لجهودهم الجبارة في تطوير هذا البرنامج المجاني المفتوح المصدر واتمنى لهم التوفيق في جهودهم الجبارة لما فيه فائدة  المجتمع.</p>
I'm copying Mark and Miklos, which I understand are involved in epub filter.
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
I tested this issue on last available AppImage fresh version & it is still existing !
(In reply to yousifjkadom from comment #7)
> I tested this issue on last available AppImage fresh version & it is still
> existing !
Thanks for rechecking! Please also add version information from Help -> About, so the version can be known without having to look up which AppImage was current at the time.
Last available fresh standard AppImage is version 220.127.116.11
I tested the issue with version 18.104.22.168 from FlatHub & still existing.