I have a .odt with an Header/Footer, the openning of this document don't crash but if I click in the header or the footer, the application crash.
Here my Logcat after crash:
9342-10403/org.example.libreoffice E/libo:sal/osl/unx/file: failed to open /assets//config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/ui/headerfootermenu.ui
9342-10393/org.example.libreoffice I/stderr: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::container::NoSuchElementException'
9342-10403/org.example.libreoffice I/LibreOffice/androidinst: SalAbort: 'Unknown application error'
Thanks for your help
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open document with header/footer
2. Click on header or on footer
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.186 Safari/537.36
Thank you for filing the bug. Please send us a sample document, as this makes
it easier for us to verify the bug.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO', so please do change it back to
'UNCONFIRMED' once you have attached a document.
(Please note that the attachment will be public, remove any sensitive
information before attaching it.)
How can I eliminate confidential data from a sample document?
Created attachment 140463 [details]
File with header and footer
Thank you Wildy for your attachment !
Does anyone have a solution to offer?
Thanks for your job
Confirm. Android 5; Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha0+
Build ID: d36f7c5bd211
I managed to hard fix the problem. My solution is not acceptable because it's not generic but i think it can help you :)
The problem that cause the crash is :
E/libo:sal/osl/unx/file: failed to open /assets//config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/ui/headerfootermenu.ui
As you can see in the printed path there is a folder missing in the path.
Tha path should be : "/assets/share/config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/ui/headerfootermenu.ui"
The file where the crash occurs is "sal/osl/unx/file.cxx" It would be nice to add more check in the ANDROID part of the path. (think of path integrity check)
I hard fixed the path in this file for testing purposes and it's working I can now edit and click on the header/footer.
I am using the experimental for 3 months and a lot of crashes I encounter are due to this behavior. This bug is present in a lot an area of the app, you should consider making it as a high priority.
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Is this still reproducible with a current daily build?
I think cloph recently mentioned having fixed something that sounded related (some problem with including various .ui files).
I've seen the crash myself now, and can reliably reproduce with the attached sample doc.
Build ID: 9383baa32182
Fix pending in Gerrit: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/91865
Michael Weghorn committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#116243 android: Include headerfootermenu.ui
It will be available in 7.0.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.