Created attachment 140403 [details]
Dialog with missing help button
The dialog for Spreadsheets Themes does not have a Help button. See image attached.
Does it need one, though? For me, this particular dialog is perfectly self-explanatory.
Ordinary message dialogs don't have help buttons, for example close without saving. Is Format > Spreadhseet Theme in Calc a simple message dialog or a complex dialog? An indicator for Adolfo's opinion is the missing ellipsis that would be relevant only for complex interactions.
Note: needsUXEval requires to CC at libreoffice-ux-advise
if there is anything in the Help that is related to this function , than it makes sense, IMO
Actually there are two help pages on spreadsheet themes (to be updated):
A help button should open (b) page.
1) The features is there for ages and has not been correctly exploited, AFAIK. The "theme" is a set of cell styles that is added to the document. The parent styles has name "Card" and has child styles that encloses a range of cells. In addition, cell styles named "Background", "Column Header", "Input" are also loaded.
2) However LO miss a piece of code to apply the theme styles to a cell range. Applying the styles manually to spreadsheet tables is cumbersome.
3) I can imagine a use case in a complex spreadsheet with several tables formatted with the Theme, and will allow change of style attributes quite easily, making the document more homogeneous or uniform throughout several sheets.
4) "Themes" are related to cell styles and "Autoformat" is related to direct cell formatting.
5) for another ticket, once you highlight a theme in the dialog, the styles are loaded to the document immediately and the Cancel button does not revert the style loading.
6) Pivot tables also load a set of cell styles on creation and is the only way I know to get fancy pivot tables, although every pivot table of a document will get the same set of styles.
Since help is available we should add the button.