Created attachment 140534 [details]
Example file with database table
If we create a table in Microsoft Excel and refer to the table’s column in a function with an external *.xlsx file and open it with LibreOffice Calc, the reference file link will disappear/transform  and the [Column1] named range will be treated as an external file.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new spreadsheet with Microsoft Excel 2010/2013/2016
2. Insert a table to the A1:A5 range.
2. Fill the A2:A5 cells with some number. Save the file as “Source.xlsx”
3. Open a new spreadsheet and create an Avarage function, which refer to the [Column1] of [Table1] of the “Source.xlsx” file in the A1 cell.
Here is an example:
4. Save the file as “Target.xlsx”
5. Open the “Target.xlsx” file with LibreOffice Calc. (Click OK to the Error message)
6. Save the file as “Target_LO.xlsx” and reload the file.
When we open (Import) the “Target.xlsx” file with LibreOffice Calc we got an Error message: The following external file could not be loaded. Data linked from this file did not get updated. file:///C:/Users/teszt_admin/Desktop/ujproba_link/Reference-to-an-external-datatable/Column1. Open the ‘Links to external files’ window and you will see the Column1 as file reference. At the function the reference file path will transform from the original path to  and we have an Error:508 code in the A1 cell.
When we save as the “Target.xlsx” file and reload we got two error message because of the two “file reference”. At the ‘Links to external files’ window you will see that the Source file name will be “1” and the “Column1” will be there.
The external file reference should not disappear or transformed to  and the [Column1] reference should not be at the file Links. The problem may be that the column name and the filename are not separated locally in the function formula. LibreOffice only takes into consideration that the column name is in a stapler “” just like the file name in the Excel syntax.
Build ID: 64a0f66915f38c6217de274f0aa8e15618924765
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default;
Locale: hu-HU (hu_HU); Calc: group
Created attachment 140535 [details]
File referencing the database range in the other file - made with LO 6.0
Created attachment 140536 [details]
Screenshot of the files in LO
Assuming this is confirmed by the Hungarian team -> NEW
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 76047 ***