Libreoffice (writer, calc, ...) crashes as soon as "Tools" > "Options" is clicked on some linux distributions, for example Slackware 14.2 and CentOS 7.4, when the file secring.gpg exists in the .gnupg folder. When secring.gpg is 0 bytes it does not crash. It probably has to to with the new encryption feature.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Libreoffice Writer or Calc or Draw on (some) Linux Distributions
2. Choose Tools and then Options
Libreoffice crashes and reopens, asking whether it shoud to restore the document.
the Options window should be opened
User Profile Reset: Yes
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
I have the file in .gnupg and it doesn't crash for me
-rw------- 1 xisco xisco 11457 abr 7 18:06 secring.gpg
If possible, please follow the instructions provided at this link < https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugReport/Debug_Information#GNU.2FLinux >. and submit a backtrace. That way a developer can look into the underlying reason of the crash.
Created attachment 141488 [details]
I attached the Backtrace log. I found the lines:
Thread 1 "soffice.bin" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007fffe208b5f7 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/../lib64/libgpgme.so.11
Thanks for your quick reply.
This is on Slackware 14.2 64 bit.
@Caolán, this crash is happening in CentOS 7.4.
Is it something red hat takes care of as well?
because the backtrace mentions /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/libgpgmepp.so.6 I can see that the system gpgmepp is being used rather than the bundled one. Is this build from libreoffice.org or a self build or somewhere else ?
The official package of Libreoffice in CentOS is much older and does not exhibit this behaviour, it occured when I downloaded the rpms from Libreoffice.org, version 6.0.2, and installed those instead of CentOS's libreoffice packages. With 6.0.3 this seems to have been solved on CentOS.
The Slackware build of Libreoffice, version 6.0.2, is semi-offical, it is build by one of the main contributors to Slackware. I would guess that shared libraries are used wherever possible with that build. I remember also seeing this behaviour on OpenBSD with libreoffice 6.0.x, but I did not report a bug then.
I now installed LibreOffice 6.0.3 in Slackware 14.2 via building from the official rpms and it works fine. So the issue probably really is connected to builds using system libraries.
I see dubious RPATHS for libgpgme and I see that in master sberg has fixed those. Backporting those looks like a good idea.
Stephan Bergmann committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "libreoffice-6-0":
Related tdf#117105 fix RPATHS of gpgme and assuan
It will be available in 6.0.5.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
I reckon that'll fix the underlying rpath related issues
Documentary of the bug and ailment is filed for the authentic element for the sides. The conception of the need and https://bestwritingsclues.com/reviews/superbpaper-review/ is issued for the management of the phases. The theory and sign are placed for the movement of the goals and objectives with the intention of all offers.