Librecalc doesn't find the second sheet in the workbook.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open attached file
You can't find the second sheet.
You can find the second sheet
User Profile Reset: No
Gnumeric opens this file well.
Created attachment 143426 [details]
Reproducible using Version: 188.8.131.52 (x64)
Build ID: 378e26bd4f22a135cef5fa17afd5d4171d8da21a
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default;
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU); Calc: CL
Specifically: when opening in LibreOffice, the second sheet is hidden, and available in menu Sheet→Show Sheet...
In Excel 2013, both sheets are visible right away.
Thanks, I see it. Why is the second disabled?
(In reply to Ilya Zubakin from comment #3)
> Thanks, I see it. Why is the second disabled?
Because presumably there's a bug that needs investigation; that I had confirmed in my comment 1, and you have set back to UNCONFIRMED for some reason.
Setting back to NEW.
Created attachment 143449 [details]
Second sheet displayed in MSO Excel
Also reproducible in
Build ID: c15927f20d4727c3b8de68497b6949e72f9e6e9e
Version 184.108.40.206.alpha0+ (Build ID: efca6f15609322f62a35619619a6d5fe5c9bd5a)
If buggy XLSX is saved in MSO 2013 or 2016, than LO opens both sheets.
sheet2.xml from attached xlsx:
<sheetView workbookViewId="0" zoomScale="200" zoomScaleNormal="23" view="pageBreakPreview">
<selection activeCell="T9" sqref="T9"/>
sheet2.xml from saved xlsx:
<sheetView tabSelected="1" view="pageBreakPreview" zoomScale="200" zoomScaleNormal="23" workbookViewId="0">
<selection activeCell="T9" sqref="T9"/>
tabSelected="1" is missing in original xlsx.
If more than one SheetView.TabSelected is set to true, it looks like Excel just picks the first one. Maybe also the same if it's missing from all sheets, like with attached xlsx.
Ilya, please describe how the spreadsheet was generated, e.g. Excel (which version) and how it was manually modified with which software.
This spreadsheet was saved with MSO 2016 then modified with exceljs v1.5.1 (https://github.com/guyonroche/exceljs/).
I modified it with older version exceljs and all works fine for me.
Thanks for your help. I am going to open the issue in exceljs project.
By the way, Calc opens the source file without this problem.
Created attachment 143520 [details]
(In reply to Timur from comment #8)
If it is the tabSelected attribute that causes this, then we have a bug with that. The attribute is used to indicate (possibly multiple) selection of sheets, not their visibility. And it is optional (according to ECMA-376-1:2016).
Anyway, this is a proper bug report, which shouldn't be closed until fixed.
(In reply to Ilya Zubakin from comment #9)
>I am going to open the issue in exceljs project.
Please link. I found https://github.com/guyonroche/exceljs/issues/630 and https://github.com/guyonroche/exceljs/issues/648.
Not sure anymore this is a bug.
Dear Ilya Zubakin,
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!