Autocomplete is a little overzealous. I get three entries Word completion entr's when typing the composition word "hulpvaardigheid"
1. Hulpvaar (a non-existing word)
2. Hulpvaardig (a normal dictionary word)
3. Hulpvaardigheid (a normal dictionary word)
I would only expect hulpvaardigheid
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Writer (with a dutch language & dutch dictionary)
2. Type "hulpvaardigheid"
3. Type "hulpvaardigheid" again an take notice at the suggestions or look at Tools -> AutoCorrect -> Autocorrect options -> Word Completion
Three entries in the Word completion list
Only one entry
User Profile Reset: No
Build ID: 76bf3939b0583212a56c317c85aea110f8ac6fee
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.12.6; UI render: default;
TinderBox: MacOSX-x86_64@49-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2018-07-27_06:01:47
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
Same happening when typing "Characters". Two entries
Xavier: can you repro this?
I don't repro with "Characters".
I do not use Word completion, sorry about that.
Build ID: cecf71c18da5430c10daa8522d38d5144edefc14
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.14; UI render: default; VCL: kde4;
Locale: nl-BE (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: threaded
I confirm it with german language and
Version: 220.127.116.11 (x64)
CPU-Threads: 4; BS: Windows 10.0; UI-Render: Standard;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE); Calc: group
When I type Dat LO gives the suggestion "Datenspeiche" (word doesn't exist). Entra in Word-Completion are "Datenspeiche" and "Datenspeicher"
No repro with
Build ID: 8a35821d8636a03b8bf4e15b48f59794652c68ba
Any way to reproduce it in English ?
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #6)
> Any way to reproduce it in English
There are in fact two issues.
1. The fact that multiple words are added to autocomplete while typing 1 word. Example: painlessness adds: painless & painlesness. 'proper' suggestions, but unwanted. Also found in 18.104.22.168 & only happening with spell checker enabled
2. The seconds issue is with a arithmetic typing pace. Small interruptions cause additional words which don't exist. For Dutch: type: hulpvaardighei (wait 2 sec) type d. hulpvaardighei will be added to the suggestions. Not happening in 22.214.171.124)
German: Datenspeicher When I type Dat LO gives the suggestion "Datenspeiche" (word doesn't exist). Entra in Word-Completion are "Datenspeiche" and "Datenspeicher"
No clue how to reproduce it in English. Tried a few times, but can't come up with something..
Bisected comment 7 issue 2 about "hulpvaardighei" as auto complete suggestion
$ git bisect skip
There are only 'skip'ped commits left to test.
The first bad commit could be any of:
We cannot bisect more!
Commit https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=aebf05f324661a07f4124a4c48b6fc889d4bfbf6 looks like possible candidate. There is change in "EdtAutoCorrDoc"
Splitting: new bug for comment 7 under 1
> ?id=aebf05f324661a07f4124a4c48b6fc889d4bfbf6 looks like possible candidate.
> There is change in "EdtAutoCorrDoc"
Adding Noel to the loop
What do the other commits in the bisect range correspond to?
Created attachment 144691 [details]
# possible first bad commit: [210e1edcd151d5307f959368a5ecc11f20348a8e] source s ha:c840c49b62b919ec4d0d947fe8cd530a785cf80d
# possible first bad commit: [6b98ad36f8ae972792caca5ce41e3d22fdc5e6b8] source s ha:fc88ed47a66e76d279471c1da1193ce90ad8e9e5
# possible first bad commit: [8bd0d65a2f8b8b9ebaf4fb235705975d8919b8ff] source s ha:aebf05f324661a07f4124a4c48b6fc889d4bfbf6
# possible first bad commit: [952e9feecaa5671020aae8cf96fc3a1d36aa7cec] source s ha:29a9e97db65bcf5914aed9bf8cb8e8f38c3c5fc0
Hmm, "convert ATTRSPECIAL to scoped enum" can't be it. It's working (not sure why I skipped it).. However I do reproduce it with:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=29a9e97db65bcf5914aed9bf8cb8e8f38c3c5fc0 (loplugin field-can-be-private in include/vcl..xmlscript)
I'm trying to reproduce this issue but I don't know if I'm following the steps correctly.
1. Install Dutch spelling extension: https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/dutch-spelling-and-hyphenation-dictionary
2. Change document language to Dutch
3. Type 'hulpvaardighei'
4. Wait a few seconds
5. Type d after 'hulpvaardighei'
6. Press space bar
7. Go to Tools - AutoCorrect - AutoCorrect Options - Word Completion
-> 'hulpvaardid', 'hulpvaardighei' and 'hulpvaardigheid' are displayed on the list...
Created attachment 144740 [details]
Reproduced in french and dutch, if i have understood the procedure ... see attachment. ( i have changed the language for all text)
Build ID: 1:6.0.3-0ubuntu1
Threads CPU : 4; OS : Linux 4.15; UI Render : par défaut; VCL: x11;
Locale : nl-NL (fr_FR.UTF-8); Calc: group
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #13)
1. Copy the dictionary's from a normal release build (share/extensions) (but extension should work to)
2. Change document language to Dutch (for me default setting, but doesn't matter
3. Type hulpvaardigheid (without pause; not really needed)
4. Press Enter
5. Type hulpvaardigheid again
6. Go to Tools - AutoCorrect - AutoCorrect Options - Word Completion
-> Three entry's: hulpvaardig (unwanted; but not wrong); hulpvaardighei (wrong) and hulpvaardigheid
The underlying issue might be older...
Hulpvaardigheid is working fine with 126.96.36.199. However, weirdness happens with:
bewijslast -> wrong: bewijsla & bewijslas
bewijsrisico -> bewijsris
(In reply to Telesto from comment #17)
> The underlying issue might be older...
> Hulpvaardigheid is working fine with 188.8.131.52. However, weirdness happens
> bewijslast -> wrong: bewijsla & bewijslas
> bewijsrisico -> bewijsris
Typing bewijslas + pause+ t & enter (3x) = entry bewijslas
Build ID: 62ad5818884a2fc2e5780dd45466868d41009ec0
but not in