Autocomplete is a little overzealous. I get three entries Word completion entr's when typing the composition word "hulpvaardigheid"
1. Hulpvaar (a non-existing word)
2. Hulpvaardig (a normal dictionary word)
3. Hulpvaardigheid (a normal dictionary word)
I would only expect hulpvaardigheid
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Writer (with a dutch language & dutch dictionary)
2. Type "hulpvaardigheid"
3. Type "hulpvaardigheid" again an take notice at the suggestions or look at Tools -> AutoCorrect -> Autocorrect options -> Word Completion
Three entries in the Word completion list
Only one entry
User Profile Reset: No
Build ID: 76bf3939b0583212a56c317c85aea110f8ac6fee
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.12.6; UI render: default;
TinderBox: MacOSX-x86_64@49-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2018-07-27_06:01:47
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
Same happening when typing "Characters". Two entries
Xavier: can you repro this?
I don't repro with "Characters".
I do not use Word completion, sorry about that.
Build ID: cecf71c18da5430c10daa8522d38d5144edefc14
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.14; UI render: default; VCL: kde4;
Locale: nl-BE (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: threaded
I confirm it with german language and
Version: 22.214.171.124 (x64)
CPU-Threads: 4; BS: Windows 10.0; UI-Render: Standard;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE); Calc: group
When I type Dat LO gives the suggestion "Datenspeiche" (word doesn't exist). Entra in Word-Completion are "Datenspeiche" and "Datenspeicher"
No repro with
Build ID: 8a35821d8636a03b8bf4e15b48f59794652c68ba
Any way to reproduce it in English ?
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #6)
> Any way to reproduce it in English
There are in fact two issues.
1. The fact that multiple words are added to autocomplete while typing 1 word. Example: painlessness adds: painless & painlesness. 'proper' suggestions, but unwanted. Also found in 126.96.36.199 & only happening with spell checker enabled
2. The seconds issue is with a arithmetic typing pace. Small interruptions cause additional words which don't exist. For Dutch: type: hulpvaardighei (wait 2 sec) type d. hulpvaardighei will be added to the suggestions. Not happening in 188.8.131.52)
German: Datenspeicher When I type Dat LO gives the suggestion "Datenspeiche" (word doesn't exist). Entra in Word-Completion are "Datenspeiche" and "Datenspeicher"
No clue how to reproduce it in English. Tried a few times, but can't come up with something..
Bisected comment 7 issue 2 about "hulpvaardighei" as auto complete suggestion
$ git bisect skip
There are only 'skip'ped commits left to test.
The first bad commit could be any of:
We cannot bisect more!
Commit https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=aebf05f324661a07f4124a4c48b6fc889d4bfbf6 looks like possible candidate. There is change in "EdtAutoCorrDoc"
Splitting: new bug for comment 7 under 1
> ?id=aebf05f324661a07f4124a4c48b6fc889d4bfbf6 looks like possible candidate.
> There is change in "EdtAutoCorrDoc"
Adding Noel to the loop
What do the other commits in the bisect range correspond to?
Created attachment 144691 [details]
# possible first bad commit: [210e1edcd151d5307f959368a5ecc11f20348a8e] source s ha:c840c49b62b919ec4d0d947fe8cd530a785cf80d
# possible first bad commit: [6b98ad36f8ae972792caca5ce41e3d22fdc5e6b8] source s ha:fc88ed47a66e76d279471c1da1193ce90ad8e9e5
# possible first bad commit: [8bd0d65a2f8b8b9ebaf4fb235705975d8919b8ff] source s ha:aebf05f324661a07f4124a4c48b6fc889d4bfbf6
# possible first bad commit: [952e9feecaa5671020aae8cf96fc3a1d36aa7cec] source s ha:29a9e97db65bcf5914aed9bf8cb8e8f38c3c5fc0
Hmm, "convert ATTRSPECIAL to scoped enum" can't be it. It's working (not sure why I skipped it).. However I do reproduce it with:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=29a9e97db65bcf5914aed9bf8cb8e8f38c3c5fc0 (loplugin field-can-be-private in include/vcl..xmlscript)
I'm trying to reproduce this issue but I don't know if I'm following the steps correctly.
1. Install Dutch spelling extension: https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/dutch-spelling-and-hyphenation-dictionary
2. Change document language to Dutch
3. Type 'hulpvaardighei'
4. Wait a few seconds
5. Type d after 'hulpvaardighei'
6. Press space bar
7. Go to Tools - AutoCorrect - AutoCorrect Options - Word Completion
-> 'hulpvaardid', 'hulpvaardighei' and 'hulpvaardigheid' are displayed on the list...
Created attachment 144740 [details]
Reproduced in french and dutch, if i have understood the procedure ... see attachment. ( i have changed the language for all text)
Build ID: 1:6.0.3-0ubuntu1
Threads CPU : 4; OS : Linux 4.15; UI Render : par défaut; VCL: x11;
Locale : nl-NL (fr_FR.UTF-8); Calc: group
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #13)
1. Copy the dictionary's from a normal release build (share/extensions) (but extension should work to)
2. Change document language to Dutch (for me default setting, but doesn't matter
3. Type hulpvaardigheid (without pause; not really needed)
4. Press Enter
5. Type hulpvaardigheid again
6. Go to Tools - AutoCorrect - AutoCorrect Options - Word Completion
-> Three entry's: hulpvaardig (unwanted; but not wrong); hulpvaardighei (wrong) and hulpvaardigheid
The underlying issue might be older...
Hulpvaardigheid is working fine with 184.108.40.206. However, weirdness happens with:
bewijslast -> wrong: bewijsla & bewijslas
bewijsrisico -> bewijsris
(In reply to Telesto from comment #17)
> The underlying issue might be older...
> Hulpvaardigheid is working fine with 220.127.116.11. However, weirdness happens
> bewijslast -> wrong: bewijsla & bewijslas
> bewijsrisico -> bewijsris
Typing bewijslas + pause+ t & enter (3x) = entry bewijslas
Build ID: 62ad5818884a2fc2e5780dd45466868d41009ec0
but not in
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
There are 3 issues
1. The fact that multiple words are added to autocomplete while typing 1 word.
(a) Enable automatic spell checking (English)
(b) Type: professionalization.
(c) See: Tools -> Autocorrect -> Autocorrect Options -> Word Completion
Results (a) profession; (b) professional; (c) professionalization to the auto-complete list. Suggestions are existing words but unwanted.
2. The seconds issue is with a arithmetic typing pace. Small interruptions cause additional words which don't exist.
(a) Enabled autotomatic spell checking (English)
(b) Type: Third-party (with some delay p ... a... r... t... y)
Results in: Third-pa; Third-par; Third-part & Third-party See: Tools -> Autocorrect -> Autocorrect Options -> Word Completion
3. Deleting an entry in Tools -> Autocorrect -> Autocorrect Options -> Word Completion has no effect until restart
This bug is about issue number 2. Still reproducible with
Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 95ec2e9b024ff12a3005777c902d7e0975460b1d
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3 Build 9600; UI render: default; VCL: win;
Locale: en-US (nl_NL); UI-Language: en-US
Issue 1 (comment 20) also found in
Issue 2 (comment 20)
Third-pa; Third-par; Third-part & Third-party from 22.214.171.124 and up
Only: Third-part & Third-party. So not also Third-pa or Third-par
Build ID: 3215f89-f603614-ab984f2-7348103-1225a5b