Paragraph numbering reset even though the style does not instruct to reset numbering.
Steps to Reproduce:
I'm sorry I couldn't reproduce from scratch despite trying several combinations. This happens on a document that I'm working on. But I've managed to simplify the document to the minimum (attached).
1. Open the attached document.
2. Go to the line that says "Test".
3. Press Ctrl-2 to set paragraph style to Heading 2.
The numbering for the paragraph is "1.1".
It should be "1.2" because "1.1" is already taken by the previous Heading 2.
User Profile Reset: No
Created attachment 144087 [details]
I confirm it with
Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 0a1a4ffb4f87adff7fbbbc60202b6a0e42fedd0c
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-08-08_23:17:46
Locale: en-US (de_DE); Calc: CL
I changed the summary, because I think "chapter numbering" is more adequate.
I can reproduce it back to
Anyway, it's difficult to analyze this bug if there are not steps to reproduce it from scratch...
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Congrats to reporter that confused two experienced QAs :)
1.1 Subchapter 1 (list style WWNum2 with spaces)
1.1 Subchapter 2 (list style Bullet -)
That should give a hunt something is not right, two 1.1.
Go to List Styles and see they are different.
I cannot says how this was created but this document's numbering is wrong.
I'll close as not LO bug.
Note: if we have steps to create similar situation and use case where this can happen, that may be a bug, if not already reported.