Created attachment 144100 [details]
Open attachment 143967 [details] from bug 119096 by selecting format 'Text - Choose Encoding', and choose character set 'Chinese simplified (GB18030)'.
=> Some lines are too long, and characters overlap (see screenshot), both with OpenGL enabled and disabled.
Observed using LO 18.104.22.168 & 22.214.171.124 / Windows 7.
Looks fine in 126.96.36.199.
Interestingly in the bibisect repo this was related to a Noto font update in 6.1:
However, in the dialog I didn't change the language, only the character set. Setting the language to Chinese (simplified) as well produces correct-looking document. Should that be needed, though? (I admit not setting both doesn't make a lot of sence)
Your screen clip shows issues both with line formatting--but more so with font fallback--which seems the issue here and makes sense as Liberation Mono has limited coverage of CJK. And, font fallback got major rework 5.2 -> 5.3 with implementation of more DirectWrite use with HarfBuzz.
Believe the "Text" import defaults to using the "Preformatted Text" style form default template and is assigned Liberation Mono.
When I open this, if I choose the GB-18030 encoding and a CJK friendly font other than Liberation Mono--which has limited coverage of the glyphs needed for correct layout--e.g. NSimSun, no issues with fallback or line formatting.
On import believe empty paragraphs/crlf--those with no GB-10830 glyphs--are picked up in the UI local as set. So in an en-US local, I get a mix of Asian - Chinese (simplified) paragraphs and Western - Default English (USA).
IMHO this seems correct, but a CJK user would need to confirm the system local is picked up as the Default for empty paragraphs.
Perhaps retest and adjust the font for the import?
Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 0a1a4ffb4f87adff7fbbbc60202b6a0e42fedd0c
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-08-08_23:17:46
Locale: en-US (en_US); Calc: group threaded
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Dear Aron Budea,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker