Created attachment 144253 [details]
Equation where the constant vanishes
The constant below the divisor vanishes in Writer.
See the attachment sample.
This is how Writer open it in 6.1.1. See the screenshot.
Build ID: 5a56b72413d5f555c854e36d3bd2fd50ec21644c
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk2;
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@70-TDF, Branch:libreoffice-6-1, Time: 2018-08-15_02:45:13
Locale: ro-RO (ro_RO.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
Created attachment 144258 [details]
formula in 6.1.1
It's ok like this, or should be even different?
Ahhhh.. 6.1.1 seems to fix the bug!
So let's put this one to WFM then.
While discussing this issue on IRC we noticed that the equations in Word 365 use the font "Cambria Math", while LO converts them to "Liberation Serif".
In LO 6.2 alpha 0, I double-clicked in the equation and in the editor changed the font to the original and the "e" appeared.
Can LO be improved to try to keep the original font in .docx equations?
Note that the "ⅇ" in attachment 144253 [details] is not a simple ASCII "e", but a "DOUBLE-STRUCK ITALIC SMALL E" (U+2147).
Can't reproduce this problem in:
Build ID: c658fd4609c05617c785870b00aa3a0998375cc6
CPU-threads: 4; Besturingssysteem: Linux 4.12; UI-render: standaard; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); Calc: threaded
Build ID: 00m0(Build:2)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.12; UI render: default; VCL: kde4;
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); Calc: group
My test system doesn't have Cambria Math installed, so I presume LO is forced to substitute it with Liberation Sans. Still the ⅇ in attachment 144253 [details] is rendered OK.
It is a mathematical letter:
I hope this helps.
"e" is shown fine for me in LO 22.214.171.124 & 6.2 daily build (2018-08-17_00:41:06, 380d0fda99ff664de8443cfc33c7c86bca18134c) / Windows7, both with and without OpenGL.
Note that I tested this on a computer where Office is also installed.
Though I know even Word 2016 itself insists in its context menu that the 'e' character is U+2147 ,the displayed 'e' does not look "Double-Struck"
This bug was changed to WORKSFORME based on multiple conformations that original issue is not present. Even though we didn't have conformation that it was really wrong.
Marco, please don't change status asking than for something else. Especially if you're not familiar with statuses because REOPENED is for fix not working and that cannot be case here.
As for equation font, I can see it's "Cambria Math" in MSO, while I don't see that LO converts them to "Liberation Serif". Please explain or attach screenshot how you saw it.
Created attachment 144409 [details]
Screenshot LO 6.2 alpha 0 VS Word 365
Here are the screenshots!
What you show is Formula-Fonts. But I guess it's setting, not reading.
Look that you see real font "Times New Roman" same as other text. Not sure if it's correct.
See also Bug 116749. Not so simple.
(In reply to Timur from comment #13)
> What you show is Formula-Fonts. But I guess it's setting, not reading.
> Look that you see real font "Times New Roman" same as other text. Not sure
> if it's correct.
> See also Bug 116749. Not so simple.
If you place the edit cursor inside the formula in Word 365 it will show "Cambria Math" (see the screenshot: I placed a red square on the places).
I am writing my thesis with Times New Roman, but every time I insert an equation, Word uses "Cambria Math" in them.
I understand. Looks like it's Bug 116749.
Marco wrote the bug is still there with a daily build from yesterday, even with safe mode. Returning status to UNCONFIRMED.
I don't know if this helps, but after a double-click in the equation, we get to the editor and I just copied the "e" from there in the formula, then pressed <ESC> and pasted the clipboard in the document body and the "e" appears in the document, but not inside the equation.
Maybe this can narrow the issue to the equation itself.
Created attachment 145239 [details]
Euler's number doesn't appear on equation (another example)
Here is another example (see screenshot)
If we have the "e" as plaintext, it appears.
If we have the "e" in an equation, we get a blank character.
(In reply to Marco A.G.Pinto from comment #18)
> Created attachment 145239 [details]
> Euler's number doesn't appear on equation (another example)
I confirm with this and the original document on Windows from master down to version 5.4.2. Version 5.3.0 does not show the problem.
*None* of the bibisect repos show the problem, which is puzzling!
Not seen on Linux.