The sample DOC attachment 118608 [details] from Bug 94135 has the additional regression from LO 6.0 that tables are imported with reduced width.
Tested with 6.2+.
PDF attachment 118609 [details] is as it should look - exported with Word Viewer on Windows.
I tried to bibisect with 5.4 and 6.0, but no succes.
On 5.4 ALL versions are good.
On 6.0 ALL versions are bad.
This seems to have begun at the below commit.
Adding Cc: to Mike Kaganski ; Could you possibly take a look at this one?
a9e158faa9a56abbd94125550076c41bb402b36a is the first bad commit
Author: Jenkins Build User <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue Sep 12 22:05:32 2017 +0200
author Mike Kaganski <email@example.com> 2017-09-12 13:54:26 +0300
committer Miklos Vajna <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2017-09-12 14:28:23 +0200
commit a952d1f59f4f84380b82f1eb9e550b8f69c4be5d (patch)
parent 83748e50026bff56aaa1c2f7bfb0b1557344d72c (diff)
tdf#112346: take Word no-wrap limit into account also for ww8
Please use more appropriate wording here. No regression in 6.0 - what you see is actually a great improvement over 5.4:
in 5.4, all the data below first page was hidden (because of the table being put into a floating frame); in 6.0, it's imported ~normally, but for some reason, with main table being a bit too close to the top-right floating rectangle, which causes its wrapping to shrink the main table on first page. Inserting a newline above the main table "fixes" the layout.
Currently, I can't invest into fixing the space above the table; but again - this isn't a regression at all.
I set to "minor" than. Sorry for the noise.
Repro 6.4+ as seen in screenshot attachment 154719 [details].
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!