Create an alphabetical index and create or assign an Concordance file to it. After clicking at 'Open' instead of 'Edit...' in the 'File' button and after closing the file picker window (because maybe the user has accidentally clicked at it), then the 'Edit...' button is no more available. The user has to close the ToC dialog and open it again to see the 'Edit...' command.
1. Open or create a Writer document.
2. Insert an alphabetical index: Insert > Table of Contents and Index > Table of Contents, Index or Bibliography...
3. Choose type 'Alphabetical Index'.
4. Check the option 'Concordance file' (if not already checked).
5. Click at the 'File' button.
6. Open or create a Concordance file.
7. Close the ToC dialog with OK.
8. Open the ToC dialog again e.g. with right-click on the alphabetical index ('Edit index').
9. Click at 'Open' in the 'File' button under 'Concordance file' (consider the 3 entries Open, New... and Edit...).
10. Close the opened file picker dialog with close or everything else than OK.
11. Click at the 'File' button again.
'Edit...' command is not available.
(Maybe the connection to the concordance file is lost - I don't know.)
'Edit...' command is still available.
Repro already in 3.3.0 (Win 10)
Arch Linux 64-bit
Build ID: 750ccfb2a60582a5652c08f3cbb6f11d4c152275
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.19; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3_kde5;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Built on 22 November 2018
Dear Thomas Lendo,
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Still reproducible in
Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+ / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 113d308155e4b6a67a8510098a7db5f4a6632bdc
CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux 5.8; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: de-AT (de_AT.UTF-8); UI: en-US
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@86-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2021-07-16_21:27:22
Andreas Heinisch committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#120405 - Use previously selected file, if selection is aborted
It will be available in 7.5.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Unfortunately, the MenutButton behaves very strange during the UITest, so I committed the patch without it. However, in the Patchset 1 is a skeleton of the uitest which can be used in order to test this feature, if the MenuButton functions.