The Undo step for undoing auto-formatting of email addresses/links after a newline seems like it is in the wrong order with the enter/new line action. User can’t undo auto formatting and continue with next paragraph as expected.
The undo action for auto-formatting seems to work correctly when the link is not at the end of the paragraph.
I’m using version 184.108.40.206 on Fedora 29
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Write a paragraph with a link or email address at the end. Last sentence may have closing punctuation or it may not. For example as the last sentence in the paragraph:
My email address is email@example.com
LibreOffice is a cool project. Their website is http://libreoffice.org
LibreOffice is a cool project. Their website is http://libreoffice.org.
2) Type “Enter” to move to new line/paragraph
- LibreOffice performs auto-formatting at this point
3) Realize that auto-formatting of link/email is not desired.
4) Click Undo to remove auto formatting.
5) On first undo, LibreOffice undoes the enter/newline.
6) formatting still remains. Undo again.
7) On second undo, if there was closing punctuation, LibreOffice skips the cursor back one character but still does not undo the formatting. If there was no closing punctuation, LibreOffice appears to do nothing.
8) formatting still remains. Undo again.
9) On third undo, formatting is removed.
10) Attempt to continue with document. Press enter to move to new line as was originally desired in step 2.
- As in step 2, LibreOffice again auto-formats the link/email
12) User does not want auto formatting but now realizes they are in a loop. They want to undo the auto formatting and also create a newline at the end of the paragraph but there isn’t a way to do this short of creating the newline prior to writing the end of the paragraph, and then going back to the paragraph to add the link.
5) auto-formatting is removed
6) continue with work
User Profile Reset: No
Build ID: 220.127.116.11-3.fc29
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.19; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
Confirm in Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+
Build ID: f8d6de19181d749d7c2b345ce7084c0c07fa3eab
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default; VCL: win;
i can't reproduce it in
Build ID: 1bf68dbf53f4b5308e295058226abd6d6fb49c3d
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
1. I paste My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Undo -> Formatting is removed
4. Undo -> newline is removed
Could you please try to reproduce it with a master build from http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/ ?
You can install it alongside the standard version.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the master build
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #2)
> i can't reproduce it in
> Version: 22.214.171.124.alpha0+
> Build ID: 1bf68dbf53f4b5308e295058226abd6d6fb49c3d
> CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
> Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
> Calc: threaded
> 1. I paste My email address is email@example.com
> 2. Enter
> 3. Undo -> Formatting is removed
> 4. Undo -> newline is removed
> Could you please try to reproduce it with a master build from
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/ ?
> You can install it alongside the standard version.
> I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to
> 'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the master build
you forgot last point:
5. Enter -> formatting is again
Sorry for the delay here. I initially filed this ticket and at the time it was a defect in the current Fedora package. After the comment on 1/16, I did attempt with the dev/master build and it was fixed there. It is also resolved in the current fedora release. So thank you!!! Sorry for my delay in updating this, but better late than never I suppose.
Here is the note I intended to put into bugzilla at the time, and the build details are below:
I attempted to reproduce it using the LibreOfficeDev build below and could not - this appeared to work as expected! Must have been fixed at some point. To make sure I wasn't crazy, I tried again with the current fedora release and the bug is still present there, so I'll list that below as well in case that is useful information.
Thank you all!!
At the time (shortly after 1/16), was broken in Fedora Package:
Build ID: 126.96.36.199-4.fc29
It worked in:
Build ID: 86501f577638b44042c35e601d13651992b64fd5
Also currently works in the current Fedora package:
Build ID: 188.8.131.52-1.fc30