Styles' font size values converted from point into percent or from percent into point do do match each others.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open both ODT documents with no content Untitled 1_point, Untitled 1_percent. Only style applied is Heading 1;
2. In in both show Sidebar (Ctrl F5) => Styles => Applied Styles; Right-click Heading 1 an select Modify; Open Font tab;
3. In Untitled 1_percent, under Font tab, Size:'s field, current value is '130%' which is matched by '18.2' points in the Writer tool bar. Replace '130%' by 'pt', click Apply.
4. In Untitled 1_point, under Font tab, Size:'s field, current value is '24 pt' which is matched by '24' points in the Writer tool bar. Replace '24 pt' by '%', click Apply, then OK.
3. – value '130%' is converted into '13 pt'.
4. – value '24 pt' is converted into '240%', which is itself matched by '33.5' pt in the Writer tool bar.
3. – value '130%' converted into value '18.2 pt'.
4. – value '24 pt' converted into value '172%' – (240 %/33.5 pt)*24 pt = 171.9408 %, rounded to 172 % – matching the current value in point.
User Profile Reset: Yes
Version: 126.96.36.199; Build ID: 188.8.131.52-4.fc29; CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.19; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3; Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
Created attachment 148129 [details]
Thank you for reporting the bug. I can reproduce this in
Build ID: 3c964980da07892a02d5ac721d80558c459532d0
CPU threads: 2; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-12-12_02:07:45
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI-Language: en-US
Repro already in 3.3.0. There is a new bug since 6.2, though: the value changes to 0. I will report it.
there no real conversion going on currently, its just happens to reuse the numerical value it previously help and reformats it with the new unit, i.e. as % its 130 with no decimal pages, typing "pt" make it think its 130 with one decimal point, i.e. 13 pt.
Changing to enhancement and adjusting summary.