The sheet protection allows different options in Calc and Excel.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel 2010.
2. On the Review tab, click Protect Sheet.
3. In the Allow all users of this worksheet to list, select the Select locked cells and Select unlocked cells elements.
4. Press OK button.
5. Save the file as XLSX.
6. Open the same file in Calc.
7. Compare the original file opened in Excel and Calc.
LibreOffice Calc: We can use AutoFilter and Privot table. In unprotected cells we can format cells, insert images, insert comments, insert hyperlinks, sort data.
Microsoft Excel: We cannot use this options.
The sheet protection should allow same options in Calc and Excel.
User Profile Reset: No
No repro when done with MSO 2013.
LibreOffice does not allow me to do the operations.
Hyperlink dialog is not disabled, but it does not insert anything.
Pivot table, I don't know as there is no data and I am not familiar with it.
Autofilter menu entry is not disabled, but there is an error: AutoFilter not possible
Please conduct more testing, also with newer MSO versions.
LibO Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha0+
Build ID: 301ff4dfb82dfd961b993aec151784bd478b4f97
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3; UI render: default; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2019-01-22_22:44:18
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI); UI-Language: en-US
Created attachment 148599 [details]
Example file from Excel with sheet protection.
Sorry, I create a non-blank test spreadsheet from Microsoft Excel 2016.
Created attachment 148600 [details]
The original file edited and saved by Calc.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attachment 148599 [details].
2. Select the A1 cell and right-click, select Format Cells.
3. Select the A2 cell and insert an image.
4. Select the A6 cell and insert a comment.
5. Select the A7 cell and insert a hyperlink.
6. Select the A8-A10 cells and click Data->Sort Accending.
7. Select the D1-D10 cells and click Data->AutoFilter.
8. Select the D1-D10 cells and click Insert->Privot table.
9. Select Current selection and press OK button.
10. Move the Numbers text from Available Fields to Data Fields and press OK button.
Thanks for the file. I repro with 3.3.0, 4.3.0, 5.0.2.
Arch Linux 64-bit
Build ID: bb30e9e591d5f9f913b3cd8fbaa3c5e412b509bd
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.20; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Built on 23 January 2019