Here is an example video:
After inserting a caption without description it's not possible to click the description part in the document to add a description. You first need to focus some other object.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add Image
2. Add Caption (leave description blank)
4. Caption is inserted
5. Now try to add a description behind the [Category][Number].
6. You cant set the keyboard cursor there because the image/frage has a strange focus
Step 6 is unexpected
@6: Clicking inside the frame will change the focus from frame to text input.
User Profile Reset: Yes
OpenGL enabled: Yes
Click somewhere else inside the document first and then try to change the caption and it's going well.
If you click very close behind the Number, the number is highlighted. but if you click. But if you click at the formatting mark behind the number, the cursor appears. For me NOTABUG.
Do you get the same result? Do you want to treat it as a bug?
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' or to RESOLVED NOTABUG.
> Do you get the same result?
For me, no matter where I click the cursor does not appear.
This always happens, when the frame (not picture) is selected. Therefore the following will trigger it as well:
1. Insert an image
2. Add caption (insert random caption)
3. Focus something else inside writer
4. Click on the frame (set the focus to the frame)
5. In this state you can't click the caption text to change it ( as described above)
> Do you want to treat it as a bug?
I became unsure, if it's a bug-report or a suggestion. This definitely needs specification on how the frame should behave to be more intuitively.
I would say:
This is unexpected behaviour and can decrease good user experience. Therefore imo the behaviour should be changed.
That being said, which would you prefer?
I confirm the behaviour with
Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 411f3a050ac2be598019d512f8ccfe041080c28f
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2019-01-14_03:17:11
Locale: en-US (de_DE); UI-Language: en-US
If you have selcted the frame and
- click outside the frame => the cursor appears
- click within the image => the image is selected
- click once wihin the caption => nothing happens
One click within the caption => cursor should appear
I'm also unsecure, if this is a bug or an enhancement, so I add design team in cc:
It's by design that we keep the focus when functions are applied to objects. However, it's also expected to change the (empty) caption immediately. So what we could do is to not switch to the frame and keep the focus on the image/chart/object. Or alternatively we could go into the caption edit mode when it is empty.
=> needsDevAdvice (might be an easy hack)
- Recognize a click (button-down, button-up) at the caption area.
- This behaviour is congruent to the behaviour for clicking the picture.
( Select frame -> Click the picture -> Picture gets focus )
Still present in
Version: 184.108.40.206 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 47f78053abe362b9384784d31a6e56f8511eb1c1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: en-GB