Created attachment 148779 [details]
small test database (four records, four fields each record)
Conditional text that should be printed (included) based on a database field followed by a database field that happens to by empty is not included. Problem does not occur in 6.0 (which has a different problem that appears to have been reported) but occurs in 18.104.22.168 and all versions thereafter (including 22.214.171.124 alpha). I do not know which version between 6.0 and 126.96.36.199 the problem arises in — haven't checked. Attached are three documents: a very small database, a label template, and the result of merging the db into the template. In short, the output should look something like
but what it produces (in the versions with the bug) is
"field" is conditional text base on whether a particular db field is empty or not;
following ir is the field "B" which is "B" in some records and empty in others.
(1st attachment including with initial bug report; remaining two in later comments)
Created attachment 148780 [details]
label template (two lines — one field first line, two fields second line
Created attachment 148781 [details]
result of mail merge
Oops. Mistyped in main comment: earliest version I've found the bug in was 188.8.131.52.
Thank you for reporting the bug.
it seems you're using an old version of LibreOffice.
Could you please try to reproduce it with the latest version of LibreOffice
from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to
'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the latest version.
Dear Ted Lee,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Thanks for calling this to my attention. I'll get the latest version of LO sometime in the next week or so and try to reproduce the problem. I'll first start with the latest release version and if that is OK give the latest beta a try.
[Automated Action] NeedInfo-To-Unconfirmed
(In reply to Ted Lee from comment #6)
> Thanks for calling this to my attention. I'll get the latest version of LO
> sometime in the next week or so and try to reproduce the problem. I'll
> first start with the latest release version and if that is OK give the
> latest beta a try.
ok, looking forward to hearing from you next week
Dear Ted Lee,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker