1. Create an Impress presentation with a bulleted list.
2. Animate the bulleted list.
3. Right-click on any of the animations, select 'Timing...'
4. On 'Text Animation' tab, set 'Group Text' (to 'By 1st level paragraphs' for example); press OK
5. Change indentation of some one of the paragraphs.
- The animation type (on-click vs with-previous) should update to match the setting for the text group.
- The animation type does not change.
- The "Group Text" setting is currently inferred from existing animations; however, for this requested feature to work reliably the Group Text setting must be set at Text Group creation (default to 1st level, like currently done), and updated only when the user explicitly sets the value (vs implicitly updated whenever the user updates the animation types individually).
- PowerPoint (.pptx) files store this setting as the 'bldLvl' attribute, on the <p:bldP> tag, inside <b:bldLst> inside <p:timing> inside <p:sld> in the XML file for each slide.
- Setting will need to be saved in .ODP file.
- Setting must still be inferred for old files which lack the setting.
If the "Group Text" setting is inferred, then we run into problems when there is only one paragraph, or when the user manually changes one (or more) animation's type. In either case the "Group Text" setting would change unexpectedly for the user. Currently this is not an issue because the setting only has an effect at the moment the user sets the value; however, this proposed feature will change animation types during a user's normal work flow and hence must not unexpectedly change the text grouping.
Created attachment 150493 [details]
To see how the animation is desired to change at the time the indentation is made in the bulleted list, animate the bullet list again after making indentation changes to some paragraphs. In this animation indented paragraphs have "With previous" for their start timing.
Dear Brian Fraser,
This bug has been in ASSIGNED status for more than 3 months without any
activity. Resetting it to NEW.
Please assigned it back to yourself if you're still working on this.