Since one of the last LO releases, I have a problem: **LO Draw rasterizes vector graphics (stored as PDF) on import.**
**Some background information:** This use case has already worked flawlessly in LO Draw in Dec 2018 and before. For instance, I created two vector graphics with Python's matplolib and stored them as PDF (see the first vector graphic ). I imported both graphics into LO Draw via drag and drop, imported another raster graphic and connected the imported graphics with arrows in LO Draw. Then, I have exported the result as PDF and the two vector graphics were not rasterized. See the resulting PDF ). But now, when I reproduce the following three steps, the imported vector graphics are rasterized by LO Draw:
1. Open LO Draw.
2. Drag a vector graphic (stored as PDF) from file explorer and drop it in the LO Draw window.
3. Zoom in (to 1000%) and check that the imported graphic is pixelized because of rasterizing the imported image.
I can reproduce the problem with two systems:
- Kubuntu 18.04 with LO version 18.104.22.168
- Arch Linux with LO version 6.2.2
The problem does not occur with another vector editing tool (here Inkscape 0.92) on both systems. This misbehavior has been confirmed in the LibreOffice forum .
-  https://syncandshare.lrz.de/getlink/fiAZt3Tv2f6aNxPmx1CDA5wT/analysis_by_heatmap_1_data_time_step0.35.pdf?logInfo=Dateilink%20f%C3%BCr%20Datei%20analysis_by_heatmap_1_data_time_step0.35.pdf%20von%20Benedikt%20Kleinmeier%20gespeichert
-  https://syncandshare.lrz.de/getlink/fiEgirEZbCV63gCXoCWjg8Y7/analysis_merged.pdf?logInfo=Dateilink%20f%C3%BCr%20Datei%20analysis_merged.pdf%20von%20Benedikt%20Kleinmeier%20gespeichert
-  https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/190125/bug-lo-draw-rasterizes-vector-graphics-pdf-on-import/
Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
Build ID: c9956772ec0678498515fb60dca41e9a77457f86
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@86-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2019-04-18_19:56:56
Locale: tr-TR (tr_TR.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Working fine on:
Build ID: 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial6
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.4; UI Render: default;
Locale: en-GB (tr_TR.UTF-8); Calc: group
Possible related to this bug
Copy & Paste from Inkscape: 1st time: Bitmap, 2nd time: vector with errors
Created attachment 151118 [details]
Inkscape SVG in PDF file
Added sample file for testing
I can reproduce it in
Build ID: f420aa3e027e04e49b7031ebf0613debcaab2ea0
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
when dragging the file
not reproducible in
Build ID: 5b168b3fa568e48e795234dc5fa454bf24c9805e
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.15; UI Render: default;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8)
It is already pixelized in
Build ID: 6eeac3539ea4cac32d126c5e24141f262eb5a4d9
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.18; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: zh-CN (zh_CN.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
I noticed that the image is pixelized if you drag-and-drop the pdf file to draw.
It works ok if you import the image by clicking "File - Open".