Created attachment 151264 [details]
Example file from Word
When Remove personal information option is turned on, rejecting changes that are insertion and deletion give different results than the same operation in Word.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create some text content in Word, save it
2. Turn on change tracking and insert a few words (“This is some text inserted by one anonymous author.” in the example)
3. Save the file again, make sure to remove author information in the Document inspector
4. Remove a word (“text” in the example) from the previously inserted ones and save the file, again removing author information.
5. Open the file in Writer and go to Edit – Change tracking - Manage
6. Notice that there are three entries in the list, two additions and between them one removal, while in Word there was one addition and one removal
7. Reject all changes. Notice the removed word is kept while the added ones are removed.
8. Open the original file in Word and reject all changes. All added words, including the later removed one is gone.
The word removed in step 4 is kept after rejecting all changes.
The word removed in step 4 is removed after rejecting all changes.
Build ID: 83abdf803a023067ebc207fd82dde987df233754
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
Locale: hu-HU (hu_HU); UI-Language: en-US
In 6.0 the deletion did not appear at all, so rejecting the addition resulted in the same text as in Word, although accepting the change did not.
Created attachment 151265 [details]
Screenshot of the original document side by side in Word and Writer
Created attachment 151266 [details]
Screenshot of the document after rejecting all changes
Build ID: 65f81f6acdeb03b34033a1c6515618936d5f8eca
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.0; UI render: default; VCL: kde5;
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@86-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2019-04-23_17:18:14
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
László Németh committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#125187 DOCX track changes: fix w:del within w:ins
It will be available in 6.3.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Gábor, Roman: Thanks for the report and the confirmation.