1-) I have freshly installed Kubuntu 19.04 (which comes with LİbreOffice 126.96.36.199) on my system with US English language pack and everything worked well.
2-) Then for some reason I tried to update system's language to Turkish and Kubuntu 19.04 downloaded and installed required language pack as it seems. So when I tried to create/open libreoffice database and get this error. No more connection any embeeded firebird database.
Other parts of LO works well only Base is problematic.
*/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/firebird/3.0/plugins.conf: illegal line <Module = $(dir_plugins)/udr_engine>
3-) Then I wiped the hard disk and freshly installed Kubuntu 19.04 with Turkish language pack. So I get the same error of above.
4-) I downgraded to Kubuntu 18.04.. same error. Nothing changed. Turkish language pack ruins LibreOffice Base.
İnşa No: 1:6.2.2-0ubuntu2
İşlemci süreçleri: 4; İşletim Sistemi:Linux 5.0; UI gerçekleyici: varsayılan; VCL: kde5;
Yerel: tr-TR (tr_TR.UTF-8); Arayüz Dili: tr-TR
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install LO with system (Kubuntu 18.04, 19.04) with Turkish Lang Pack
2. Or install the above systems with US English Lang pack and then try to upgrade/change to Turkish.
LO Base doesn't connect to db. Gives error.
Should works as per with English Lang Pack
User Profile Reset: Yes
OpenGL enabled: Yes
Muhammet, may be you can check it?
Created attachment 151557 [details]
Firebird embedded db error
Thank you for your inretest about the case.
I have read my post again and found that I should supply more information about the error.
When I attempt to create a new db (embedded firebird, local) LO Base creates the db without error. I can browse the database objects (tables, reports etc.) through the object panel. But when I try to create any table, query or any db object, then the error happens.
Sounds to me like a problem that is specific to the Ubuntu packages...which would be NOTOURBUG
Does it work if you download and install LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?
Amazingly I can confirm this for our own Fedora packages too. Most odd
Ah, its the locale rather than the language pack, which is less startling
I think the turkish i takes another victim
This seems to only affect the distro builds because the bundled build looks for the config in /usr/local/firebird and its not there, so no attempt to substitute config values is done. (But if I copy my system ones in there, then the same problem exists for the bundled version).
The problem is that the "dir_sampleDb" doesn't match via strncasecmp "DIR_SAMPLEDB" under a Turkish locale because the lowercase of I isn't i, so the subst fails and the whole database creation fails.
https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird/pull/221 is my simple suggestion to get around it, but it needs to be patched firebird side, so distros would have to apply that, or whatever is the final solution, to use system firebird with LibreOffice
Caolán McNamara committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
Resolves: tdf#125284 config entries not substituted under Turkish locale
It will be available in 6.4.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
This only affects the --with-system-firebird so it doesn't affect the vanilla builds, just the distro ones. I've stashed a patch above which can be applied to distro firebird to get this to work under a Turkish/Azeri locale