When a usable Java/JRE is not found, LibreOffice issues a warning to the user, telling that a suitable JRE needs to be installed, and LO restarted.
The proposal is to include a link to  to the dialog.
1. https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/506e1396c34bb90c8d2c3679e3e84c3833b18869 is a commit that enhanced the relevant message on Windows.
2. https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/a1700d52a47184ee07b91b461a846dc5435f0022 is a commit that created a dialog with an optional hyperlink.
We should use the help with hub.libreoffice.org for localization instead of the wiki. And even better is just a help button in this dialog, if we agree on the need for it.
(In reply to Mike Kaganski from comment #0)
> The proposal is to include a link to  to the dialog.
>  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/General/InstallJava
Is there a protocol in place to ensure that that URL won't go stale?
(In reply to Stephan Bergmann from comment #2)
> Is there a protocol in place to ensure that that URL won't go stale?
Should there be one? I don't think so. The page is a wiki; having it more visible would also promote its update in case of need; but nothing is guaranteed - and no need in these guarantees. In the end, I see stale webpages ~everywhere, including those mentioned from active MS WinAPI documentation ... so what? ;-)
I would assume that such a link goes through a redirecting URL that is managed and kept stable by TDF infra.
Simple message boxes should not have a help button because its supposed to be simple and do not need it. So if we introduce such a reference it has to be a link underneath the text. Rather than pointing to the wiki I'd prefer a proper help page, though. And of course accessed via hub.libreoffice.
Hi there, I am currently working on this issue. According to me I have made some changes. Please help me with testing part. I tried using svtools/CppunitTest_svtools_dialogs_test.mk for testing but it didn't work.
(In reply to Abhishek from comment #6)
> Please help me with testing part.
Please commit your patch so we can do the review.
I am starting work on this bug
Ticket created for the hub thing: https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/3365
(In reply to Buovjaga from comment #9)
> Ticket created for the hub thing:
Ok, Guilhem implemented the hub url https://hub.libreoffice.org/InstallJava
It accepts the LOlocale parameter for language selection.
(In reply to byg4299 from comment #8)
> I am starting work on this bug
Update on progress. Haven't made anything too significant, mostly was just trying to understand the legacy code. Should be able to make something of substance soon.
committed the patch for review
(In reply to byg4299 from comment #12)
> committed the patch for review
The patch is here: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/103881
I corrected the commit message, so it begins with a reference to this report and has less than 72 characters on the first line.
"please remember that the commit subject line should not be longer than 72 characters and the commit message lines, if any, should not be longer than 80 characters"
Bryan Gazali committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#125379 updated javainteractionhandler.cxx to add a link for the JRE missing warning
It will be available in 7.1.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.