Unfortunately it is not possible to select a dotx (MS Word) template as standard template in Writer.
Opening and using dotx templates in general works fine here. Just one cannot set them as standard template.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. from main menu select file | templates | managege templates
2. click "import"
3. select a category in the dialog window
4. in the fil chooser dialog first select "fil etype: all files"
5. pick a dotx (Word template) with the file chooser
6. click "open"
7. the dotx template will appear in the templates' list
8. right click the dotx template and select "set as standard" from the context menu
no effect; the standard template remains the previous one.
Expected behaviour is that setting a dotx template should work the same way as using an ott template. At least there should be an error messge, if using a dotx template as standard is not possible
User Profile Reset: No
CPU-Threads: 2; BS: Linux 4.19; UI-Render: Standard; VCL: gtk3;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE.utf8); Calc: group threaded
Debian Linux 10/Buster/testing; Cinnamon Desktop Environment
regular Libreoffice installation from Debian main repository
I confirm it with
Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha1+ (x64)
Build ID: e92dcfdc7bd7b237e0bee26ff226a102d9e8e766
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2019-05-14_00:00:57
Locale: en-US (de_DE); UI-Language: en-US
still a bug in LO 184.108.40.206