Created attachment 152213 [details]
Open the table for editing and try to save it. The editor wants to delete the BLOB-column.
Open the attached database.
Open the table for editing.
There is one field "Bild", which will show images in the form.
Try to save the table.
A message appears the column "Bild" could not be changed. The editor tries to delete the column and append a new column for the same content.
All tried with LO 22.214.171.124.beta1 on OpenSUSE 15.0 64bit rpm Linux.
This buggy behaviour could lead to dataloss, but I'm not allowed to set the severity to higher than "normal" ...
On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources updated today, I could reproduce this.
Using gdb, the pb is in:
1023 // check if something changed
1024 if((nType != pField->GetType() ||
1025 sTypeName != pField->GetTypeName() ||
(gdb) p sTypeName
$2 = "SQL_BLOB"
(gdb) p pField->GetTypeName()
$3 = "BLOB"
(no idea how to fix this)
Robert: I submitted a patch related to this bugtracker (see https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/74124/2) but Michael Stahl wonders how this file has been generated.
Indeed, it's anormal we get several properties with the same name.
(see description of the patch).
(In reply to Julien Nabet from comment #2)
> Robert: I submitted a patch related to this bugtracker (see
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/74124/2) but Michael Stahl wonders how
> this file has been generated.
> Indeed, it's anormal we get several properties with the same name.
> (see description of the patch).
this file has been created in LO 126.96.36.199.beta1 - directly, not by the migrating-wizard. I detected, while testing the buggy behaviour for migrating content of image-fields from HSQLDB to Firebird, Firebird saves this content but wouldn't show it with Image[BLOB]. So I copied the content to Blob[BLOB] and could see the content in forms and add new content. But every time I opened the table for editing, not input data, Firebird tries to change the fields for Image[BLOB] and Blob[BLOB]. So I created a new database to show this.
The position of Blob[BLOB] in the table isn't the position I created the table. While editing the table, changing nothing and press "Save" I have only decided not to change the table Blob[BLOB]. Seems Firebird changes the whole columns of the table when saving the content - and so the position of the one field, with isn't changed, is the first in the table.
[Automated Action] NeedInfo-To-Unconfirmed
Set to NEW, see comment 1
I can confirm this too with
Build ID: eda0568ec550a10b962c2427edfe05ea3197f107
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.14.5; UI render: default; VCL: osx;
Locale: fr-FR (fr_FR.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US