Having set the maximum footnote height to the maximum allowed value and then enabling headers at maximum allowed height causes the footnotes to not be shown and span several pages.
This can also update the maximum footnote height to a negative value if margins are disabled for the page.
Steps to Reproduce:
The below uses centimeters as the measurement units, but the issue reproduces with other measurement units as well.
1. Open new document
2. Right click the page and select Page...
3. Select the Footnote tab,
4. Enable the Maximum footnote height and set it to 20.36cm
5. Press OK to apply the change and close the dialog
6. Enter some text in the document, highlight it, and select Insert > Footnote and Endnote > Footnote
7. Add text to the footnote so that it spans to the next page.
8. Right click on the document and select Page...
9. Select the Header tab and tick "Header on"
10. Enter the value 20.06 in the Height field and deselect it to note that the value is accepted.
11. Click OK to apply the header height change
The footnote is no longer visible on any of the pages.
The two page document has still changed into 56 page document.
If the margins are now reduced to 1cm and header height increased again to 23.26, the maximum footnote height is translated to -19.21cm.
Header height cannot be set to a value that conflicts with other already configured values.
Footnote is displayed unless it has no content.
Footnote height can never be a negative value.
User Profile Reset: Yes
OpenGL enabled: Yes
Version: 188.8.131.52 (x64)
Build ID: 2412653d852ce75f65fbfa83fb7e7b669a126d64
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
Locale: en-GB (en_GB); UI-Language: en-GB
I confirm it with
Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: b170256fb6ebaf774b02b89835b19d9f3a1afb89
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; VCL: win;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2019-06-07_03:30:35
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI-Language: en-US
Don't see need for input from UX. The maximum value has to depend not only on page properties but also the value of header or footer, respectively.
From my point of view if a page consist from header + body + footer, than if I edit header the maximum height available is: page size minus footer size minus 1-2 cm for body (minimum).