can't copy a older table in to a new table. (when it has a NUMERIC,2dec row)
also copying numbers from a calc-file doesn't work. it takes the wrong numbers.
It looks of it does something with the row right next to it.
That contains 07:00 , 07,25 , 07,75 , 8 , 8,25 ...etc (its in VARCHAR)
The row that's going wrong is on the right next to it.
It contains: 7 , 7,25 , 7,5 , 7,75 , 8 , 8,25 ....etc(should be NUMERIC,2dec)
when i coppy this into the table i get
0,07 , 0,07 , 0,07 , 0,07 , 0,08 , 0,08 ...etc
when i changed NUMERIC,2dec int 3 dec:
0,007 , 0,007.... etc
Steps to Reproduce:
1. copy an older table with a NUMERIC, 2dec row.
2. paste into new table.
Get a error
User Profile Reset: Yes
[Information automatically included from LibreOffice]
[Information guessed from browser]
OS: Linux (All)
OS is 64bit: yes
Which (internal) database do you use?
Could you attach an example here?
when i'm working in Libreoffice Base, and when i want to copy NUMERIC data in a table, I get the wrong result.
An older table that worked before, i als can't add this table in. it wan't recognize the NUMERIC fields.
If i paste the NUMERIC row from a calc file into the table with empty numeric row, the numbers get mixed up with numbers from a VARCHAR row on the left.
Maybe i use the wrong word for 'row' ?
ID = auto number
Time_in_quorters = Contains: 07:00 , 07:15 , 07:30 ,..etc
Value_1 = Contains: 7 , 7,25 , 7,5 ,..etc
Building this, u make a spreathsead, and let Librecalc do the work.
Pasting these numbers into the "table" field, used to work.
But now I get the wrong numbers in the table.
Value_1 = Contains: 0,07 ,0,07 ,0,07 , 0,07 ,0,08 ...etc
It looks if it takes the '7' from '07:00'
I've tride a lot of methods, but keeps the same result. It looks to me as a bug, because reacts to a difrent row.
- I use Manjaro.
Please indicate which kind of database you are using?
You still haven't replied to Robert's question in that regard, and we need that information in order to determine whether this is a known bug, or a new problem.
Ideally, we would need a test database file with step-by-step instructions so that we could try and reproduce the issue.
Additionally, you say you are using Manjaro as the OS, but which version of LibreOffice are you using - the one provided by Manjaro packaging system (distrib provided) or a release version provided by the LibreOffice project from its download page ?
What you describe sounds like an already known bug which has recently been fixed by the LibreOffice project, in which case this report will be a duplicate. Obviously, if you are using a Manjaro provided version, then you will need to either wait until Mnajaro provides an updated version that takes into account that fix, or else download and install a daily build from the LibreOffice download page.
I installed the fresh libreoffice install, and the problem is solved
I realy enjoy libreoffice>
(In reply to evertjebevertje from comment #5)
> I installed the fresh libreoffice install, and the problem is solved
> I realy enjoy libreoffice>
Thanks for retesting with the latest version.
Setting to RESOLVED WORKSFORME as the commit fixing this issue hasn't been identified.