The problem occur because the save dialog box for Export PDF don't add .pdf extension.
So Export module try to create a file "API REST with Node.JS" and show error input/output.
Created attachment 154861 [details]
example when exporting PDF file
(In reply to roumanet from comment #0)
> The problem occur because the save dialog box for Export PDF don't add .pdf
> So Export module try to create a file "API REST with Node.JS" and show error
i can not confirm this with:
Version: 22.214.171.124 (x64)
CPU-Threads: 4; BS: Windows 10.0; UI-Render: Standard; VCL: win;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE); UI-Sprache: de-DE
"API REST with Node.JS.odt" is exported but named: "API REST with Node.JS" instead of "API REST with Node.JS.pdf".
This behaviour is already reproducible with AOO 4.1.5.
I'm using 126.96.36.199 too
1) create new dow Writer
2) save as toto.JS.odt
3) menu Export as... > Directly as PDF
4) accept default name (the workaround is simply to add .pdf)
5) error dialog box open with "Error saving the document toto.JS: General Error..."
Always reproductible. Could you test this procedure and modify status of this ticket if needed? Thanks.
oh... important : I'm under Windows 10.
(sorry about that, I've just found how to add informations on my configuration, thanks Oliver).
Version: 188.8.131.52 (x64)
Build ID: 98b30e735bda24bc04ab42594c85f7fd8be07b9c
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; VCL: win;
Locale: fr-FR (fr_FR); UI-Language: en-US
Created attachment 154905 [details]
still can not confirm, no error, pdf is saved with wrong file name extension, makes no difference if i enable/disable "Automatic file name extension"
Your are right, could you check a last thing?
My configuration for PDF options have "View PDF after export" checked (probably by default, not sure).
If I uncheck it, no error is showned.
By the way, I don't think the right way is to accept that the PDF name could be .JS so even without the error message, the bug still there (because for a "toto.odt" export to PDF would generate "toto.pdf").
So do you have an idea about the title for this bug?
Created attachment 154907 [details]
menu File > export as > export as PDF = options
(In reply to roumanet from comment #7)
> Your are right, could you check a last thing?
> My configuration for PDF options have "View PDF after export" checked
> (probably by default, not sure).
> If I uncheck it, no error is showned.
now i can confirm, but i think, the root cause is the missing file extension *.pdf.
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
(In reply to Oliver Brinzing from comment #9)
> now i can confirm, but i think, the root cause is the missing file extension
I also think that this is what is happening:
- LibreOffice interprets the filename as a filename with a proper extension and therefore does not add the .pdf extension as the software should.
- LibreOffice asks the operating system to start the application associated with this extension.
- If there is no application associated with this extension or the application fails to open the file, LibreOffice returns a notification.
The initial issue is that LibreOffice does not add the .pdf extension, because the software refuses to modify the format. This same behavior is reproduced when saving the document: LibreOffice does not add .odt when the filename already has an extension. The question is whether this behavior is intended. But the error popup would benefit from being more explicit.