Recent versions of Libreoffice fail to print text on Epson XP-455 printer, but print images: versions 6.0, 6.1, 6.2.7.
An earlier version 5.1 works OK with this printer.
can you try these steps:
- upgrade to 6.3.2
- make sure you got last version driver of your printer
- apply what https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/FirstSteps indicates
I don't know if you have this on any files or just specific files so after these steps, give a new try with a brand new document first then with the specific file you had the pb.
Many apologies! I didn't mention that I my OS was Linux Mint 19.2.
The bug applies to any file. My printer drivers are:
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.7.3-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb and epson-printer-utility_1.1.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb.
I'll report back when I've tried 6,.3.2
[Automated Action] NeedInfo-To-Unconfirmed
6.3.2 has the same problem, alas.
Thank you Doug for your feedback, there's still https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/FirstSteps to test.
I went through the FirstSteps which showed nothing wrong. By chance I was testing with a file that had some coloured text in it - the coloured text printed OK but the black text failed to print. Although I had previously done maintenance checks on the printer and it had passed these I went back and did repeated cleaning of print head, nozzle check, alignment, etc. and eventually the printer produced normal looking text.
So SOLVED and I apologise for taking up your time!
Thank you for your feedback, let's put this one to WFM then.