Options -> LibreOffice Writer -> General
1. When I change measurement units from inches to millimeters, I can't immediately (without closing the Options window) change tab stops from 5.08 mm to 5.00 mm because it restores 5.08 mm.
In addition, if I change the units without closing-reopening the window, on Table page I see inches instead millimeters. But when I set millimeters on General page, close and reopen the window, I see millimeters on Table page too.
2. When I change measurement units, close the Options window and reopen it, I can change the tab stop what I want. But if I set 5.00 mm, close and reopen the window, I see 4.99 mm instead 5.00 mm. Such problem is for Grid and Table pages too. It seems there are some problems with rounding floating-point numbers when they must be displayed, and this is annoying.
I set "trivial" severity because it seems this problem is annoying but no more, and it doesn't affect on real working process with Writer.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Options window when inches are default measurement units.
2. Change the units on Options -> LibreOffice Writer -> General and try to change immediately (without closing the window) tab stops: they will be restored automatically from 5.00 to 5.08 mm when Apply button is pressed.
3. See Table page where will be inches instead millimeters although millimeters were been set already.
4. Close Options window and reopen it.
5. Try to change tab stops to 5.00 mm, close and reopen the window. It is possible to play with Grid and Table pages too (5.00 mm will be replaced with 4.99 mm, 50.00 mm - with 50.01 mm etc when you close and reopen the window).
1. It is impossible to set values immediately after changing from inches to mm.
2. For some values I see incorrectly rounded values which have 0.01 mm difference from values what I set.
1. When a user changes the measurement units this changing must work immediately on all pages of Options window, not only after closing and reopening the window.
2. A user must see exactly that values which were been set. Real accuracy of floating-point numbers is sufficient for such values, but it is necessary to round them correctly taking into account that "real" numbers are binary but displayed numbers are decimal.
User Profile Reset: No
OpenGL enabled: Yes
I'm not sure, if this is a bug or an enhancement request.
cc: Design team
Hard to say whether it's a bug or enhancement. Users expect the Apply function to work across tabs but it isn't.
(Usability issues are never trivial; and we should focus on one issue per ticket- the rounding topic is something else.)
I found, that a rounding bug is on other windows too (for example, on paragraph style window). I don't know must I open new bug report or no because a cause, it seems, identical.