I was trying to swap the keyboard shortcuts of two commands with the Tools -> Customize... dialog, but could never get it right on my first try. I had to do it several times to do a simple swapping. It doesn't seem possible to do it without closing the dialog (therefore saving an intermediate state) and opening it for more changes.
Steps to Reproduce:
These steps use swapping Navigator (F5) and Sidebar (Ctrl+F5) as an example:
1. With a fresh installation, open Tools -> Customize... dialog;
2. Choose "View" in the Category column, then choose "Sidebar" in the Function column, the Keys window displays "Ctrl+F5";
3. Click "Delete" button, the Keys window is empty now;
4. Choose "Navigate" in the Category column, then choose "Navigator" in the Function column, the Keys window displays "F5";
5. Click "Delete" button, the Keys window is empty;
6. Choose "Ctrl+F5" in the "Shortcut Keys" window above, click "Modify" button, the Keys window now displays "Ctrl+F5";
7. Choose "F5" in the "Shortcut Keys" window, then choose "View" in the Category column and "Sidebar" in the Function column, and finally click "Modify" button, the Keys window displays "F5";
8. Maybe check the View-Sidebar and Navigate-Navigator entries again, to see that they are assigned "F5" and "Ctrl+F5" as desired;
9. Click "OK" button to close dialog;
10. Test keyboard shortcuts by pressing "F5" and "Ctrl+F5".
Both F5 and Ctrl+F5 opened the Navigator. I opened Tools -> Customize... dialog and checked again, surprisingly both F5 and Ctrl+F5 were assigned to Navigate-Navigator, and View-Sidebar was empty.
After deleteing F5 from Navigator and assigning F5 to Sidebar, I clicked OK and closed the dialog, this time they worked as desired.
After one set of operations in the customize dialog, F5 should open Sidebar and Ctrl+F5 should open Navigator. No double-back operations should be needed.
User Profile Reset: Yes
Version: 126.96.36.199 (x64)
Build ID: 5896ab1714085361c45cf540f76f60673dd96a72
CPU threads: 2; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL;
Locale: zh-CN (zh_CN); Calc: group threaded
6.1.6 release is the oldest version I tried, I could also reproduce on 6.2.8, 6.3.3 rc1, and 6.4.0 alpha1 versions, all Windows 64-bit systems.
The F5 and Ctrl+F5 shortcuts are just an example, I could also reproduce when trying to swap Ctrl+Shift+V (Paste Special) and Ctrl+Shift+Alt+V (Paste Unformatted Text).
I'd like to add that I could reproduce this bug in either Writer or Calc, so I chose "LibreOffice" component.
Also after swapping the shortcuts, even if they work as desired, the display of them in the menu doesn't seem right (both Sidebar and Navigator would have "F5" as keyboard shortcut), it's likely related, so I'll refrain from filing a second bug yet.
Could you please try to reproduce it with the latest version of LibreOffice
from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to
'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the latest version.
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #2)
> Could you please try to reproduce it with the latest version of LibreOffice
> from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?
Yes, reproducible in 6.3.4
版本: 188.8.131.52 (x64)
Build ID: 60da17e045e08f1793c57c00ba83cdfce946d0aa
CPU 线程: 2; 操作系统: Windows 10.0; UI 渲染: GL; VCL: win;
区域语言: zh-CN (zh_CN); UI 语言: zh-CN
as well as 6.4.0 Beta1
Version: 184.108.40.206.beta1 (x64)
Build ID: 4d7e5b0c40ed843384704eca3ce21981d4e98920
CPU threads: 2; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18363; UI render: default; VCL: win;
Locale: zh-CN (zh_CN); UI-Language: en-US
Repro with steps.
In 4.4.7 Sidebar did not yet have a shortcut assigned, so I assigned it first, OK and then went through the steps - repro as well.
Arch Linux 64-bit
Build ID: 23ddc3811d4d1890e4024f4e0f6bb5129a694fdc
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.6; UI render: default; VCL: kf5;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Built on 30 April 2020
Dear Ming Hua,
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://web.libera.chat/?settings=#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!