Im using MacOs catalina and LibreOffice 220.127.116.11.beta1.
i tried to open existing file but only show me the loading cursor.
Its normal to open a new document
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Install the LibreOffice 18.104.22.168.beta1
2.Copy and paste LibreOffice-dev to applications
3.open the application and click open file
Only show loading cursor but the browse file window is not open
It must be open a browse file window but nothing happen
User Profile Reset: No
Created attachment 155941 [details]
Its the picture that only showing the loading cursor and then after that nothing happen when the cursor is become normal
I would speculate that this is linked to, or a DUP of, bug 128882.
I can reproduce this in my alpha master build.
Clicking on Finder, for example, sends the beachball spinning.
It seems that Apple's security check calls a dialog requesting the user to authorise access to a folder (Documents, Downloads, or whatever) and perhaps because the app isn't notarized, this fails to happen (or is too slow to display to be of any use).
Also reproduced with
Build ID: 19116d1061b287eef600ec6b3f46c362a4abd405
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.15.1; UI render: default; VCL: osx;
Locale: fr-FR (fr_FR.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
1) Open new Draw document
2) Cmd-S ==>> beachball appears, then after a while disappears and nothing else happens. No file saved.
3) Open new Calc sheet
4) Cmd-S ==>> beachball appears, then after a while disappears and nothing else happens. No file saved.
5) Open new Writer document
6) Cmd-S ==>> beachball appears, then after a while disappears and nothing else happens. No file saved.
7) Open new Impress document, choose template
8) Cmd-S ==>> beachball appears, then after a while disappears and nothing else happens. No file saved.
9) Open new Database - db creation wizard starts, accept defaults.
10) Click on Finish, authorisation message request by OS to allow access to Documents folder ==>> beachball, then after a while disappers and nothing else happens, dialog is stuck, only Cancel will allow an escape from dialog, no database saved.
Go to System > Prefences > Security > Confidentiality
Select "Complete Disk Access"
Add the LibreOfficeDev.app (or whichever version you have that is causing the issue) to the list of applications allowed full disk access.
Validate and restart LO.
Clearly not in line with Apple's security practice though.
The mac builds for LibreOffice 6.4 beta1 has been reuploaded do to a previous problem.
Could you please download it again from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/22.214.171.124.beta1/mac/x86_64/LibreOfficeDev_126.96.36.199.beta1_MacOS_x86-64.dmg and recheck ?
Putting it back to NEW. it doesn't seems like a LibreOffice 6.4 beta1 problem only, Alex confirmed it in master...
So, just to clarify:
@Imanuel, could you please try again with https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/188.8.131.52.beta1/mac/x86_64/LibreOfficeDev_184.108.40.206.beta1_MacOS_x86-64.dmg ?
@Alex, Do you use a local build or is it a daily build ? if you're using a local build, did you build it on Catalina ?
No response, so let's choose.
Please do tast current master and be free to set again new if reproducible.