Bug 129672 - Export pdf: Error message in Adobe Reader "Cannot extract the embedded font 'BAAAAA+ LiberationSerif'" for unicode characters
Summary: Export pdf: Error message in Adobe Reader "Cannot extract the embedded font '...
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Printing and PDF export (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
5.1.0.3 release
Hardware: All Windows (All)
: low minor
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords: bibisected, bisected, regression
Depends on:
Blocks: PDF-Export-Invalid
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2019-12-28 19:52 UTC by Mansuz
Modified: 2021-09-11 02:00 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments
extract from a story (11.79 MB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2019-12-29 09:07 UTC, Mansuz
Details
extract from a story (16.20 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2019-12-29 09:10 UTC, Mansuz
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Mansuz 2019-12-28 19:52:45 UTC
Description:
my pdf is exported. But if I open it with Adobe Reader, I get an error message.

impossible d'extraire la police incorporée DAAAAA+ LiberationSerif. il se peut que certains caratères s'affichent mal ou s'impriment mal


The problem is related to page 45 of the document. If I delete it, I don't have an error message. but I'm missing some text.

On the pdf of my computer, the disputed text is visible, but when I upload it to the site of my printer, it sends me a pdf with the page 45 truncated.

Steps to Reproduce:
1.export pdf
2. open pdf with adobe reader
3. 
impossible d'extraire la police incorporée DAAAAA+ LiberationSerif. il se peut que certains caratères s'affichent mal ou s'impriment mal



Actual Results:
when i open the pdf via adobe reader. He tells me that fonts are poorly incorporated.

Expected Results:

an error-free pdf file. No built-in font problem. No corrupt pdf.


Reproducible: Always


User Profile Reset: No



Additional Info:
Version: 6.3.3.2 (x64)
Build ID: a64200df03143b798afd1ec74a12ab50359878ed
Threads CPU : 4; OS : Windows 10.0; UI Render : par défaut; VCL: win; 
Locale : fr-FR (fr_FR); Langue IHM : fr-FR
Calc: CL
Comment 1 Timur 2019-12-28 21:22:17 UTC
We need sample document. Please attached minimized, just trouble page ODT.
Comment 2 Mansuz 2019-12-29 09:07:35 UTC
Created attachment 156829 [details]
extract from a story

if I export to pdf. When opening with adobe reader, when I scroll through the pages, I get an error message.


impossible d'extraire la police incorporée DAAAAA+ LiberationSerif. il se peut que certains caratères s'affichent mal ou s'impriment mal
Comment 3 Mansuz 2019-12-29 09:10:08 UTC
Created attachment 156830 [details]
extract from a story

if I export to pdf. When opening with adobe reader, when I scroll through the pages, I get an error message.


impossible d'extraire la police incorporée DAAAAA+ LiberationSerif. il se peut que certains caratères s'affichent mal ou s'impriment mal
Comment 4 Dieter 2019-12-30 10:22:05 UTC
I tried Export As => Export Directly as PDF

No problem with

Version: 6.3.4.2 (x64)
Build-ID: 60da17e045e08f1793c57c00ba83cdfce946d0aa
CPU-Threads: 4; BS: Windows 10.0; UI-Render: Standard; VCL: win; 
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE); UI-Sprache: de-DE
Calc: threaded

and also not with

Version: 6.5.0.0.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: e26d89371f0e4f41476c9a99be01d98dedb76776
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18362; UI render: default; VCL: win; 
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI-Language: en-GB
Calc: threaded
Comment 5 Mansuz 2019-12-30 19:27:31 UTC
https://fr.libreoffice.org/ I don't have version 6.3.4.2, or 6.5.0.0.alpha0 +. I only have the version: 6.3.3.2. I tried with earlier versions. I have the same problem. The pdf export generates a problem on my file. With Adobe Reader I have an error. And my printer has a truncated file after upload to the server.

je vais télécharger la 6.3.4 pour tester.
Comment 6 Mansuz 2019-12-30 20:05:30 UTC
with 6.3.4, I also have the bug.

my file must be corrupt. It has been restored several times. How the cleaner?
Comment 7 Mansuz 2019-12-31 10:37:48 UTC
I solved the problem ! The paragraph in question contained unicode characters ... After deleting the characters (via the notepad) the export is done without problem.
Comment 8 Timur 2020-01-01 16:35:51 UTC
I reproduced in Lo 5.2, LO 6.3 and 6.5+ with attachment 156830 [details] exported as PDF, only if opened in Adobe Reader (Windows Reader and PDF-XChange OK).

I'm not sure what this is about, is it our bug and whether it should be fixed. Comment 7 is a workaround. But let's put to New so far, as Minor.

Since no repro with LO 5.0, I'll mark regression, to help us find the cause.
Comment 9 raal 2020-01-08 17:43:47 UTC
This seems to have begun at the below commit.
Adding Cc: to Martin Hosken; Could you possibly take a look at this one? Thanks
 393b5a03e8a580103cc31ca4752396032838ecdb is the first bad commit
commit 393b5a03e8a580103cc31ca4752396032838ecdb
Author: Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud@gmail.com>
Date:   Sun Sep 13 18:21:45 2015 -0700

    source sha:41007842ed9bb5d6165792a197769f72dae55a2c

author	Martin Hosken <martin_hosken@sil.org>	2015-09-10 10:14:18 +0700
committer	Martin Hosken <martin_hosken@sil.org>	2015-09-14 01:16:40 +0000
commit 41007842ed9bb5d6165792a197769f72dae55a2c (patch)
tree 3db9834122c1a6b43bd2428129629a6f66669978
parent 35fd0cf311d0ab6e647ef8a244f350d8a690e734 (diff)
Refactor graphite integration and update graphite
Comment 10 Timur 2021-08-20 14:47:25 UTC
I cannot reproduce anymore with old LO, so no point in testing new LO.