Download it now!
Bug 131464 - Crash when trying to create an index of Writer in Japanese locale
Summary: Crash when trying to create an index of Writer in Japanese locale
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Localization (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
6.2.0.3 release
Hardware: All All
: medium major
Assignee: Julien Nabet
URL:
Whiteboard: target:7.0.0 target:6.4.3 target:6.3.6
Keywords: bibisected, bisected, haveBacktrace, regression
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2020-03-21 14:12 UTC by hiro24
Modified: 2020-03-23 11:55 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature: ["mergedlo.dll"]


Attachments
Backtrace (24.34 KB, text/plain)
2020-03-22 00:00 UTC, Aron Budea
Details
bt with debug symbols (11.04 KB, text/plain)
2020-03-22 08:22 UTC, Julien Nabet
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description hiro24 2020-03-21 14:12:29 UTC
This bug was filed from the crash reporting server and is br-cc7405f3-e124-4246-9e32-1f7083ac2056.
=========================================
Crashes when trying to create an index of Writer in the Japanese environment.

operation
Start Writer and create a new file.

Select "Table of Contents and Index" - "Table of Contents, Index or References" from the Insert menu.

Crashes when you select "Index" in the type.

I haven't checked, but I've heard that it's fine up to version 6.0.7.3, so I think it's a glitch that occurred around that time.

https://ask.libreoffice.org/ja/question/227485/suo-yin-noji-neng-woshi-utokuratsushiyushimasu/
Comment 1 Aron Budea 2020-03-21 23:59:33 UTC
Repro step clarification:
- it's enough to set LO locale to Japanese,
- in the 'Table of Contents, Index or Bibliography' dialog, choosing Type 'Alphabetical Index' triggers the crash.

Confirmed both in Windows and Linux, and bibisected to the following commit using repo bibisect-linux-64-6.2. Adding CC: to Julien Nabet.

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=13db6e8671c36e1a028d6a8ad63f518e60f84870
author		Julien Nabet <serval2412@yahoo.fr>	2018-08-11 00:23:25 +0200
committer	Eike Rathke <erack@redhat.com>	2018-08-17 20:01:10 +0200

tdf#119117: get phonebook sort work by tweaking ICU call mechanism
Comment 2 Aron Budea 2020-03-22 00:00:21 UTC
Created attachment 158860 [details]
Backtrace
Comment 3 Julien Nabet 2020-03-22 08:22:52 UTC
Created attachment 158865 [details]
bt with debug symbols

Thank you Aron for your feedback, I had tested this by changing Language UI instead of Locale UI.
I could reproduce this on pc Debian x86-64 with master sources updated today.

I noticed this log too:
warn:sw.core:73876:73876:sw/source/core/tox/toxhlp.cxx:96: loadAlgorithm com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException
Comment 4 Julien Nabet 2020-03-22 08:32:10 UTC
Eike: I'm gonna give it a try but I don't think I'll make it since it concerns ICU. Also bt and the exception don't help me for the moment.
Comment 5 Julien Nabet 2020-03-22 14:13:41 UTC
I gave a try with:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/90877

If this is correct, I think there's another bug too. Choosing alphanumeric first or last doesn't seem to change anything.
But let's focus on this one first.
Comment 6 Commit Notification 2020-03-22 18:34:51 UTC
Julien Nabet committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/1098ed05edfd86d4518ae6c9d43448e3e2f21ba6

tdf#131464: fix create an index of Writer in Japanese locale

It will be available in 7.0.0.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 7 Julien Nabet 2020-03-22 18:50:00 UTC
Patches in review:
- for 6.4: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/90889
- for 6.3: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/90820
Comment 8 Commit Notification 2020-03-22 21:06:40 UTC
Julien Nabet committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "libreoffice-6-4":

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/2de34614f65c0db153a0e8390c17a9fd0748c7d3

tdf#131464: fix create an index of Writer in Japanese locale

It will be available in 6.4.3.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 9 Commit Notification 2020-03-22 22:53:58 UTC
Julien Nabet committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "libreoffice-6-3":

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/2da5724c59625c6fbfbb47476cf5339e04ac8f67

tdf#131464: fix create an index of Writer in Japanese locale

It will be available in 6.3.6.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 10 Julien Nabet 2020-03-23 11:55:05 UTC
(In reply to Julien Nabet from comment #5)
> I gave a try with:
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/90877
> 
> If this is correct, I think there's another bug too. Choosing alphanumeric
> first or last doesn't seem to change anything.
> But let's focus on this one first.

I was wrong, the change is indeed taken into account but only when clicking on Ok button. So no other bug.