Bug 132319 - Font on impress slide displayed incorrectly when using bullet points
Summary: Font on impress slide displayed incorrectly when using bullet points
Status: RESOLVED NOTOURBUG
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Impress (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
6.4.2.2 release
Hardware: All All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2020-04-22 07:09 UTC by klotzor
Modified: 2020-05-10 19:14 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments
Font bug in Impress. (126.62 KB, image/jpeg)
2020-04-22 07:09 UTC, klotzor
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description klotzor 2020-04-22 07:09:06 UTC
Created attachment 159804 [details]
Font bug in Impress.

I just installed Lubuntu 20.04 and with it came libreoffice 6.4.2.2 Build ID 1:6.4.2-0ubuntu3.

When I use bullet points in a textbox the letters in the textbox are kind of squished together (see picture). So close that it is not readable anymore. This also happens if I open presentations that I created on my Lubuntu 16.04 Laptop.

Are you aware of that issue and will it soon be fixed? Otherwise there is no point in using Lubuntu 20.04 since LibreOffice is cucial for my work.
Comment 1 John 2020-05-04 08:45:35 UTC
I have this same problem. Sadly, I only learned about it once I had started my (2-hour long) presentation.

It does not affect every slide but it affects most. I'm using Liberation Sans and the slides were created in Impress on Ubuntu 18.04. However, the problem only shows up on Lubuntu 20.04.

Like the OP who posted this bug, LibreOffice (specifically Impress) is critical to my work. Without a fix, I must revert to an earlier version of Lubuntu.

I hope you can fix it soon.
Comment 2 John 2020-05-04 12:04:12 UTC
After removing 6.4.2.2 from Lubuntu 20.04 and installing the latest version (6.4.3), the problem remained the same.

However, removing LibreOffice from Lubuntu and installing the snap version fixed the problem.

So, if you are trying to identify the cause, there is a hint in there somewhere.
Comment 3 klotzor 2020-05-06 06:20:15 UTC
This workaround worked for me too. Thank you John!
Comment 4 Buovjaga 2020-05-10 19:14:01 UTC
Thanks, John. I guess the issue should be reported to Lubuntu's bug tracker (wherever that is)