Created attachment 159815 [details]
error message upon paste attempt
Attempted to copy a large amount of data from an itunes library and paste that data into a Calc spreadsheet. The data copied consisted of around 58000 records (song data). After I copied from the itunes library, i attempted to paste this data into Calc. At first, it appeared that it would be successful. But after a few seconds, I received an error message (see attached) saying the contents of the clipboard could not be pasted. Yet, even though this error was encountered, it still managed to paste a good number of those records. For comparison purposes, I attempted the same copy/paste action using Excel and discovered that no error was encountered and was able to paste my entire itunes library into an excel spreadsheet.
Please attach Excel spreadsheet,so that we have a source to copy.
Created attachment 159862 [details]
example excel spreadsheet
attaching requested excel spreadsheet. you will find that, if you copy the data directly from the excel spreadsheet into the calc spreadsheet, you will encounter no issues. however, my specific example outlined in this reported issue deals with not being able to paste from another buffer source (in this case, the entire contents of my iTunes library). to create this specific issue, i copied itunes content (over 58000 song data) using CTRL-C. Then i opened up a blank Calc spreadsheet and used CTRL-V (paste) to paste that content into a Calc spreadsheet. That's when i got the error identified in this issue. it successfully pasted most of the records but only got so far in the process before displaying the error message. However, that same process worked when pasting into excel. Attaching the excel file that you requested will probably be of no help to you because we already know copying directly from the excel spreadsheet into calc will indeed work.
Nolan: please run this InsideClipboard software: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/inside_clipboard.html
It will allow you to save the copied iTunes data from your clipboard as a .clp file. You can then hopefully attach it here.
would like to help out with your request for attaching a .clp file to this ticket, however I am unable to do so. The file attachment is over 80MB and bugzilla won't let me attach a file over 30MB.
[Automated Action] NeedInfo-To-Unconfirmed
(In reply to Nolan Beatty from comment #4)
> would like to help out with your request for attaching a .clp file to this
> ticket, however I am unable to do so. The file attachment is over 80MB and
> bugzilla won't let me attach a file over 30MB.
1. Compress it as a .zip or .7z archive
2. Upload to a file host such as https://gofile.io/ and I will figure out the rest
Created attachment 163363 [details]
attaching requested clp file
Thanks for the file, I was able to reproduce (sorry for the delay, I was away).
This is already seen in the oldest commit of Windows 4.4 bibisect repository, but not yet in version 3.5.0
ok - thanks. i do not understand your last comment regarding the bibisect repository, etc. that doesn't mean much to an end user but probably is meaningful to the folks working on your team. i believe my only interest here is knowing if you could tell me which upcoming release of libreoffice might contain a fix for this particular defect. thank you
Bibisected in LO 4.1.
347b6e59bd05495b43c28ff0596edb3a5d7432fd is the first bad commit
Date: Fri Sep 18 11:11:28 2015 +0800
Previous source-hash-708cab47c4457637f87815750a026168b3f10c84 so single commit.
Author: Eike Rathke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: Tue May 14 13:39:27 2013 +0200
Commit: Eike Rathke <email@example.com>
CommitDate: Tue May 14 14:16:02 2013 +0200
resolved fdo#60468 no special tab case workaround for CSV import
This reverts 322cbc3818b0553254aab2dfb3c5b196fe814097 "Import mal-formed
csv files gracefully." (code now moved to a different location) which
was a workaround for a specific situation that breaks things with other
With the rework of CSV import for 3.6 the import of the one failing
document https://bugzilla.novell.com/attachment.cgi?id=294589 from
https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=507322 works almost fine
without this workaround, with one difference in row 1805 where data is
completely broken and parts of two rows end up in one cell P1805. That
row wasn't correct with the workaround either, see also cell P1805 in
As a result now without that workaround there is one data row less for
the broken document but correct data for correct documents.
Adding Eike to CC.
Bug is easily seen. When clipboard is pasted, normally it has around 60.000 rows, but with the bug it pastes around 50.000 row and given an error.
Only issue is that Nirsoft is Windows only clipboard, we should use multi-platform clipboard tool, I guess CopyQ may do.
Created attachment 165008 [details]
CopyQ clipboard content