Created attachment 160632 [details]
video demo of crash
Stumbled across this when adding a submenu to the Navigator content view to provide UI for outline content folding. Outline content folding is WIP. To repro this bug apply the patch found here:
Steps to repro:
1) apply the formentioned patch
2) open a Writer file with an outline structure or create one by adding one or more Headings to the document
3) open the Navigator (Menu > View > Sidebar then select Navigator tab in the tab bar or F5 for floating version)
4) left mouse click on the Headings entry in the navigation content view to select it
5) right mouse click on the Headings entry to show the context menu
6) select the Outline Content submenu
7) either select an entry in the submenu or click away from it
Build ID: 02a186a59aecbad73ecc3cbc004505ab0fbff5bb
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Jim Raykowski committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#132935 fix gtk3 submenu crash
It will be available in 7.0.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.