1. Open a Paragraph Style dialogue and navigate to Area > Bitmap.
2. Use the Add/Import button to add a new Bitmap.
3. Now right-click over the newly-created blank area in the Bitmap panel, or over the new Bitmap (but don't select it).
4. Select "Delete."
EXPECTED RESULT: Nothing happens because nothing is selected.
ACTUAL RESULT: The Bitmap thumbnail just before the right-click area is deleted.
What is confusing is that the user may right-click OVER a thumbnail thinking that IT is selected and by clicking "Delete" (in the menu) THAT thumbnail will be removed. NOT SO! The thumbnail BEFORE will be deleted instead.
1. User must select thumbnail, with a left-click, before right-clicking.
2. Allow the user to use the [Delete] keryboard button as well as the right-click menu—with a confirmation dialogue, of course.
User must select thumbnail, with a left-click, before right-clicking.
Not really user friendly, indeed
Confirm with and with 5.4
Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 97a2c1fc5e376c0c00968f17a0392c6d3a5ed565
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3 Build 9600; UI render: default; VCL: win;
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL); UI-Language: en-US
Keyboard request is also valid, IMHO.. but please create a new ticket for that one
(In reply to R. Green from comment #0)
> 1. User must select thumbnail, with a left-click, before right-clicking.
I'm not an ergonomics expert but it would be good if you could right-click directly over the desired thumbnail as well.