When updating an index created in Microsoft Office, LibreOffice completely mangles the index making it unsable.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open attached docx file which has basic index (Basic Word Index - Word.docx) with LibreOffice;
2. Right click on the index (note that the index looks fine when it's first opened)
3. Left click "Update index"
Index is completely mangled. Page margins are not respected, page numbers no longer present for index, ellipses (...) way too long). Basically 100% unusable.
Index should maintain its data and its structure after update.
User Profile Reset: Yes
I have no tested to see if this is a regression or not. I will try to do so later this evening. Confirmed that it exists in Linux and Windows, and that it happens in latest master build from yesterday.
Created attachment 160987 [details]
Zipped File containing original test document, mangled example, and corresponding PDFs
I confirm it with
Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha1+ (x64)
Build ID: 4804d969bacd25ad586b3bf70d3dc8c27adb48ef
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18363; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win;
Locale: en-GB (de_DE); UI: en-GB
Version: 188.8.131.52 (x64)
CPU-Threads: 4; BS: Windows 10.0; UI-Render: Standard; VCL: win;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE); UI-Sprache: de-DE
Created attachment 174036 [details]
The example document in Word and Writer master
How it looks after opening in:
Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha0+ (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 7c38362dbe1922c9825dffb463072030948d406b
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18363; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (hu_HU); UI: en-US
Created attachment 174039 [details]
How it looks after updating
This is an alphabetical index made in Word with 3 columns. After opening it looks quite okay, only an extra empty paragraph was added since the document started with a continuous section break.
After update it falls apart spectacularly, getting the multicolumn alphabetical index formatting.
After inserting a new alphabetical index (the existing one is protected from manual changes so can't really investigate what's going on) it looks like:
- there is an extra tabulator at the end of each paragraphs at 16.51 cm
- the entries are incorrectly separated such as "Another One:Nothing Interesting" is one paragraph instead of being split to two at the :
- related to the previous one, the last index entries are lost that belong to Test 3: the See nothing interesting part is just gone.