Tracking changes storage isn't purged after rejecting changes (even with undo disabled)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. 1. Open Calc
2. Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Expert configuration -> Search for Undo
Reduce 100 to 0
3. Close LibreOffice & restart
3. Open an memory monitoring tool like process monitor
4. Open attachment 160938 [details]
5. Enable tracking changes
6. Copy column D
7. Paste the column 1 by one in E t/m P
8. Open Track Changing Show changes dialog -> Notice the memory bump & slowness
9. Reject every change -> Look at the memory usage -> still 1 GB in use..
10. Expand the reject/accepted -> Notice memory bump again
11. Close the dialog
12. Close the document -> Notice memory still in use (around 400 MB)
Note: I have no idea if tracking changes and undo a related to each other or not..
Memory is not properly purged..
Around 200 MB
User Profile Reset: No
Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 83c4f86f22dc37269ac6a038fe7de053c42aad6e
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3 Build 9600; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (nl_NL); UI: en-US
I repro, mem use stays at roughly 2,5x the value before starting to paste. A bit hesitant to accept this without knowledge of the implementation specifics, but let's do it for now.
Arch Linux 64-bit
Build ID: ccdb78773ac6c9d19140e8084f37cc2c7f06240e
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.8; UI render: default; VCL: kf5
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Built on 18 October 2020
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://web.libera.chat/?settings=#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!