Created attachment 163174 [details]
Create a checkbox content control with Word 365 (or earlier versions). Add some text in the next paragraph. Save as DOCX. Open with writer.
The text below the checkbox is shifted up and the vertical position/size of the checkbox is off.
This is a problem when wanting to print documents on pre-printed paper (like a paper form, surveys, multiple choice exams or something similiar) properly.
This happens only when there is no other text in the paragraph of the checkbox. I suppose that this has something to do with the style of the paragraph (when not set it is some default style "Normal" in Word) and the symbols (Letters in a special font) that are used by the content control (at least Word uses some symbols for the printing of the checkbox).
I have attached a sample DOCX and also some PNGs for comparison that were created out of exported PDFs (of Word and writer) using GhostScript.
Created attachment 163181 [details]
Created attachment 163182 [details]
Comparison MSO 2010 and LibreOffice 7.1 master
I can't reproduce it in
Build ID: d851a02df57ab378ed0cc6d9362516de09c3279c
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.19; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Could you please try to reproduce it with a master build from http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/ ?
You can install it alongside the standard version.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the master build
Created attachment 163184 [details]
newer repro files with writer 7.1
Thank you for your quick reply/repro!
I did now test with https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86_64@tb77-TDF/2020-07-17_06.44.55/LibreOfficeDev_220.127.116.11.alpha0_Win_x64.msi where there is the same issue.
I have now attached my intermediate output files too.
- Checkbox_libre 7 daily.pdf was created with the master build via export as pdf
- Checkbox_libre 18.104.22.168.pdf was created with the older writer via export as pdf
- Checkbox_word.pdf was created with Word via a PDF printer (GhostScript). I did check that using Save as PDF in Word produces the same output as this method.
- *.png are the PDFs converted with Ghostscript via the following command in PowerShell:
gswin64c.exe" -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH "-sDEVICE=pngalpha" "-sOutputFile=$outputPattern" "-r600" "$pdfFile"
You can either compare the PNGs directly with some software (I am using Beyond Compare on windows) or by overlaying them in gimp or something. But you can see the differences to if you use a PDF viewer and open the PDFs in maximized windows and switch between them quickly.
Created attachment 166612 [details]
Screenshot Word 2016 vs. LO 22.214.171.124
Rominator, I can't see a difference between Word 2016 and LO 126.96.36.199 (see my screenshot), but I also couldn't see a difference in your attachments in your attachments. So could you please have a look at my screenshot and mark the difference you see?
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker