The appearance and behaviour of Calc’s Media Playback toolbar is very strange and would benefit from a review by the LibreOffice Design and User Experience team.
There are several oddities about this item:
1. With most Calc toolbars you can right-click anywhere to access the toolbar’s associated menu. Unusually, for this toolbar it appears that you can only right-click over the Insert Audio or Video icon at the left of the toolbar.
2. When you access the right-click menu, and click on the Visible Buttons entry, there is a menu item with no text on it. This menu item seems to control whether the various media controls (Play, Pause, Stop, Repeat, Position, Mute, Volume, etc) are display but with no label on the button, this is not very intuitive. See attachment.
3. When the option without the label is deselected then another blank menu item appears in the top level of the toolbar’s menu. See attachment.
4. It is unusual for one menu option in a toolbar’s menu to switch on / off the display of multiple controls in the user interface.
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Access the Media Playback toolbar by going to View > Toolbar > Media Playback on the Menu bar.
2. Access the toolbar's menu by right-clicking on the leftmost icon on the toolbar
3. Click on the Visible Buttons menu option.
As described in the Summary above.
Behaviour consistent with the user's expectation and the rest of the Calc user interface.
User Profile Reset: No
Version: 126.96.36.199 (x64)
Build ID: c01aa64b6c3d89ebe5fe69c28c7adb24eb85249c
CPU threads: 6; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18363; UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win
Locale: en-GB (en_GB); UI: en-US
Created attachment 164993 [details]
Media Playback toolbar menu - blank options
Arch Linux 64-bit
Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha0+ / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 13aaeb5d148c1ea5163eecaa176fac4a67689277
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.12; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Built on 7 May 2021
sc/uiconfig/scalc/toolbar/mediaobjectbar.xml seems to be relevant, but I can't find where the visible buttons are defined
This is the command uno:AVMediaToolBox, which lacks of a corresponding definition like for uno:InsertAVMedia in officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/GenericCommands.xcu