Bug 137150 - BASIC - Access2Base Tool library crashes with boolean fields
Summary: BASIC - Access2Base Tool library crashes with boolean fields
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 136143
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: BASIC (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
7.0.1.2 release
Hardware: All All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2020-09-30 07:21 UTC by Paolo
Modified: 2020-10-01 09:58 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments
Database with macro to test bug (54.21 KB, application/vnd.sun.xml.base)
2020-09-30 07:24 UTC, Paolo
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Paolo 2020-09-30 07:21:52 UTC
Description:
A perfectly working BASIC macro, that uses Access2Base Tools Library, has stopped working when the table used to get a recordset (single record or whole table for cloning) has boolean fields.
"Select" instruction works fine, but when you try to use the recordset boolean field or try to clone the recordset, Access2Base throws an exception and the macro now is no more working

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the attached example database
2. Run the macro "BugBooleanFieldsOne" to reproduce recordset read value bug
3. Run the macro "BugBooleanFieldsTwo" to reproduce recordset clone bug

Actual Results:
AccessToBase throw an exception

Expected Results:
No errors, field boolean value correctly read and cloned recordset created


Reproducible: Always


User Profile Reset: No



Additional Info:
No other info
Comment 1 Paolo 2020-09-30 07:24:22 UTC
Created attachment 165965 [details]
Database with macro to test bug

This database works with LO 6.4.6.x and all previous version using Firebird embedded databse
Comment 2 Julien Nabet 2020-09-30 18:42:26 UTC
Jean-Pierre: thought you might be interested in this one since it concerns Access2Base.
Comment 3 Jean-Pierre Ledure 2020-10-01 09:58:00 UTC
I confirm the incorrect behaviour in LO 7.0.1, and also the correct behaviour in previous releases, incl. 6.4.5.2.

A similar issue has been documented in tdf#136063.

The symptoms are different from the current issue, but their root causes are identical.

The real issue has been documented in tdf#136143. A correction has been implemented in master (LO 7.1) and in 7.0.

The latter will be available in LO 7.0.2.

I tested the here described issue under a recent build of 7.1 and can confirm that the behaviour is now correct. I could however not run it on a build of 7.0.2.

Thanks for having reported this regression.
JPL

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 136143 ***