Bug 137617 - Incorrect operation Sheet -> Named Ranges and Expressions -> Create; with ExcelA1 and ExcelR1C1 syntax
Summary: Incorrect operation Sheet -> Named Ranges and Expressions -> Create; with E...
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
Inherited From OOo
Hardware: All All
: medium normal
Assignee: Eike Rathke
URL:
Whiteboard: target:7.1.0 target:7.0.4
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2020-10-20 10:30 UTC by Jerzy Moruś
Modified: 2020-11-03 12:40 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments
Illustration of effect (62.33 KB, image/png)
2020-10-20 10:30 UTC, Jerzy Moruś
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Jerzy Moruś 2020-10-20 10:30:17 UTC
Created attachment 166537 [details]
Illustration of effect

Version: 6.4.6.2 (x64)
Build: 0ce51a4fd21bff07a5c061082cc82c5ed232f115
Only in Calc 64 bit version.
The automatic creation of realm names does not work correctly.
Names are given, visible in the name manager, but not available for use in cell addressing. They do not appear in the Name Box. All letter elements are written in lowercase.
The given names are also not listed in the navigator.
Comment 1 Eike Rathke 2020-10-20 12:17:05 UTC
Apparently the formula syntax is set to ExcelA1, in this case and with ExcelR1C1 the Create range names generates wrong references using the CalcA1 syntax (note sheet separator '.' instead of '!').

Workaround: to (re)create names from a selection temporarily switch Tools -> Options -> Calc -> Formula, Formula Options, Formula syntax to Calc A1.
Comment 2 Jerzy Moruś 2020-10-20 14:07:08 UTC
Thanks for fast reaction. I wrote a study on addressing methods. I left the Excel A1 option unintentionally.
Sorry for the confusion.
JM
Comment 3 Eike Rathke 2020-10-26 20:10:33 UTC
Nevertheless it's a bug, thanks for reporting :)
Comment 4 Commit Notification 2020-10-27 00:48:30 UTC
Eike Rathke committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/352840a49be8626448f7823a6bae207e65171e52

Resolves: tdf#137617 Use document address convention to create names

It will be available in 7.1.0.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 5 Commit Notification 2020-10-29 10:55:36 UTC
Eike Rathke committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "libreoffice-7-0":

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/3ffaf415f4f76962b29b889cf1c8281664ae512f

Resolves: tdf#137617 Use document address convention to create names

It will be available in 7.0.4.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 6 Xisco Faulí 2020-11-02 21:01:55 UTC
Hello Jerzy, Eike,
I would like to create a test for this issue. could you please explain me how to reproduce from scratch? I couldn't find the way to reproduce it
Comment 7 Jerzy Moruś 2020-11-03 09:29:52 UTC
Hello Eike.
This is an interesting case.
As you yourself pointed out, I had the "Formula syntax" option set to Excel A1.
With this setting and the Excel R1C1 setting, when I create a name using "Sheet -> Named Ranges and Expressions -> Create -> Top (or Left)", the described effect appears.
But when I save the document and reload it, all bad names are converted to normal and works fine.
I only noticed this now, when I was preparing an answer for you.
Comment 8 Xisco Faulí 2020-11-03 10:35:20 UTC
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #6)
> Hello Jerzy, Eike,
> I would like to create a test for this issue. could you please explain me
> how to reproduce from scratch? I couldn't find the way to reproduce it

Found the way to reproduce the issue. UItest in https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/105239
Comment 9 Xisco Faulí 2020-11-03 10:36:11 UTC
Verified in

Version: 7.1.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: 04144ecb1bb2ecb0233a43db1e3263dcb6c84571
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.7; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

@Eike, thanks for fixing this issue!!
Comment 10 Commit Notification 2020-11-03 12:40:19 UTC
Xisco Fauli committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/1b0eb76eb1787d9d9fbd7a7a73ee8ae47b62dc33

tdf#137617: sc: Add UItest

It will be available in 7.1.0.

The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds

Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.